Homebrew Nintendo releases 11.16.0-48

Slash1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i launch pokemon picross and give me hax this error can not find takeover object.
OTHER METHOD: if i use unsafe mode after luanch dsiware give me an error. i think i need updated universal otherapp to work
i think i need new other app for my old 3ds to work beacuse nintendo patch payload is it right? i need to wait?

ExperiencersInternational

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gamersinternational.wixsite.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i launch pokemon picross and give me hax this error can not find takeover object.
OTHER METHOD: if i use unsafe mode after luanch dsiware give me an error. i think i need updated universal otherapp to work
i think i need new other app for my old 3ds to work beacuse nintendo patch payload is it right? i need to wait?
I think PicrossHax no longer works looking at how I can't find it on 3ds.hacks.guide.

You can definitely still homebrew on 11.16 though, I watched SomeOrdinaryGamers recently, who hacked a New 3DS console.

Reactions: Slash1

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please don't post the same question in multiple places; it just makes things confusing.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.359035/post-9953996

Reactions: Slash1 and CoolMe

DChronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to dig this back up, but I just realized there's an update and had a few Q's. I only need to update because I think I need to add funds to pokebank, I don't know if it will go 2 months unpaid without being deleted before it becomes free in march.

First, I'm gonna update Luma from the 10.something I have to the latest before the system update. Do I need to update boot9strap before I can update Luma? I'm not sure which version I have, and awhile back I recall some time where some version of Luma and above needed b9s updated.

Annnd, if not for Luma 11.0, do I need to update b9s before system update to 11.16 or can I do it later?

Second, do I need to update godmode9 before system update to 11.16 or can I do it later?

Last, do I need to add these extra apps in the guide's "Finalizing Setup" page before updating, or can I do that later?

Aside from my questions about updating to 11.16, I do have one more question related to the seed miner... when Nintendo shuts down the eshop, or whenever the online functionality of the friend list shuts down, does that mean it won't work anymore?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I do have one more question related to the seed miner... when Nintendo shuts down the eshop, or whenever the online functionality of the friend list shuts down, does that mean it won't work anymore?
No one's said anything about "the online functionality of the friend list" shutting down.

Seedminer requires a system's local friend code seed (lfcs) and the easiest way to get that is to add the system to the Friend list of another unit. But there are other ways of getting the lfcs, though they're not nearly as convenient.

In any case, I expect there are more exploits waiting to be revealed only when it appears that Nintendo is truly finished with releasing firmware updates.

DChronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're on luma 10.xx, you don't need to update b9s.
But if I'm updating to Luma 11.0, do I need to update b9s, how do I see the b9s version? And do I need to update b9s before I update the system to 11.16?

No one's said anything about "the online functionality of the friend list" shutting down. (etc)
Yeah, I was only wondering hypothetically if seedminer dies when online services shut down in the future... they will someday. I only see the flash cart instruction as an option on current firmware for now if seedminer is out then.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if I'm updating to Luma 11.0, do I need to update b9s, how do I see the b9s version? And do I need to update b9s before I update the system to 11.16?

Yeah, I was only wondering hypothetically if seedminer dies when online services shut down in the future... they will someday. I only see the flash cart instruction as an option on current firmware for now if seedminer is out then.
No, because if 10.xx works, 11.0 will. Your b9s is updated. There's a .firm that can tell you the version of b9s, and the latest one uses the led to tell you b9s version iirc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-