Hacking Incoming Wii U update 5.5.2

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So if I have Chbc installed can I update the Wii U? Will it still cold boot?
Normally yes. But don't delete it tho, or you'll lose access to homebrew until someone find a new exploit/brick if you didn't changed you're system.xml (or something like that)

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know, pointless update, we'll find another bug and exploit it, it'd just require some time
That's the real question. Will someone find out an exploit.... Cause now everyone forgot about the wiiu.... Except FIX94 and some other.

(I think it's simple since we can find an exploit in the OSS...)

EyeKey

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
If you dump your OTP and SEEPROM on old version, it should be possible in the future to install haxchi on 5.5.2, and probably on any future firmware version. (With installing the DS to the USB and editing it on the PC, I am working on such tool. but the first release that will be released soon will be for read only).

(but future versions may fix the other exploits, so haxchi will be useless without them...)

Last edited by EyeKey,

Lezil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange.... I cannot update my rednand.... It always give me error code 162-4023 while installing (no brick tho).

What ninti error lookup says: "If you are receiving this error code, please contact us at 1-800-255-3700. Specially trained representatives will be available to assist you, 6:00am - 7:00pm (PST), seven days a week."

Sounds fishy :wink: ITS A TRAP! I wouldnt never call nintendo lol

mbruno

Gamer For Life
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this is just great. I've just been using browserhax up to now and I don't have updates blocks, nor do I have a DS VC to setup haxchi. I guess I'm SOL unless and until someone is able to get browserhax working for 5.5.2. I feel like such an idiot right now, but I guess there a plenty of people in a similar situation as me since nobody expected Nintendo to update the Wii U again.

C0mm4nd_

Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
That's the real question. Will someone find out an exploit.... Cause now everyone forgot about the wiiu.... Except FIX94 and some other.

Yes, I'm sure they will (Actually they already started)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you dump your OTP and SEEPROM on old version, it should be possible in the future to install haxchi on 5.5.2. (With installing the DS to the USB and editing it on the PC, I am working on such tool. but the first release that will be released soon will be for read only).
but... what's the point? new ppl in 5.5.2 won't even know what is the SEEPROM, and if you can dump OTP/Seeprom you can install haxchi too

RedRose30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this is just great. I've just been using browserhax up to now and I don't have updates blocks, nor do I have a DS VC to setup haxchi. I guess I'm SOL unless and until someone is able to get browserhax working for 5.5.2. I feel like such an idiot right now, but I guess there a plenty of people in a similar situation as me since nobody expected Nintendo to update the Wii U again.
Couldn't you turn your internet off and change your DNS? That's what I did.

Reactions: KhenemetHeru

EyeKey

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Yes, I'm sure they will (Actually they already started)

but... what's the point? new ppl in 5.5.2 won't even know what is the SEEPROM, and if you can dump OTP/Seeprom you can install haxchi too

The point is that it is important to dump your OTP and SEEPROM. So even if you do some stupid mistake like formatting you will be able to exploit your console again.

And as I saw in other comments. for people who didn't install DS game. They can't install haxchi anymore. EDIT: oh nvm, you can do spoofing.

Last edited by EyeKey,

C0mm4nd_

Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
The point is that it is important to dump your OTP and SEEPROM. So even if you do some stupid mistake like formatting you will be able to exploit your console again.
I see... well, it'll be probably useful in the range of time No Entrypoint->Entrypoint (whitch could be a lot of time, who knows)

Last edited by C0mm4nd_,

goldensun87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most important question: Will this update prevent me from installing CFW? Because I never got a chance to update my console to 5.5.1, and I won't be able to before the update goes live.

After DSi's 1.4.5 update, it was only a matter of time until flash carts became usable again. It will be the same for Wii U and Homebrew.

Last edited by goldensun87,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!