Hacking Incoming Wii U update 5.5.2

RedRose30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always used the internet to access homebrew. I know Nintendo patched that entrypoint, but could the people who made the website that allowed entry to homebrew update it to work with the latest update? Or is it completely impossible now?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always used the internet to access homebrew. I know Nintendo patched that entrypoint, but could the people who made the website that allowed entry to homebrew update it to work with the latest update? Or is it completely impossible now?
The websites rely on other devs to find and create Webexploits for kernel hacks. You should have abondonded Webexploits when HaxChi came out. We've been preaching this for months. Those that listened are happy today. Those that didn't and argued against us are scrambling

RedRose30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The websites rely on other devs to find and create Webexploits for kernel hacks. You should have abondonded Webexploits when HaxChi came out. We've been preaching this for months. Those that listened are happy today. Those that didn't and argued against us are scrambling
Well, you're right about that. My console is still on 5.5.1. Is it too late to install it?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you're right about that. My console is still on 5.5.1. Is it too late to install it?
No. It's not too late. Just don't update. Block updates immediately. Use the guide by @iAqua and spoof to 5.5.2. Then use NNU patcher to access eshop and get a HaxChi game right now! Before it's too late.

Reactions: RedRose30

darksergio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is you have any of the compatible DS virtual console games install on it its not to late for install haxchi right now my webexploit server is collecting dust on my lan now I use it for streaming steam games

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe Nintendo is beta testing with Wii U before release a browser on Switch...
I dont think so , it wouldnt make sense to still work on a browser of a past console than working on a browser for a new console.
If anything , they just patched Internet Browser exploits.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
those with CHBC also get the update notification?
I thought haxchi spoof the firmware version to 99.99.99 or it's simply a text change and not related to actual update checking itself?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't find the links, but wasn't there a thing called MKhax or something, I vaguely remember it being a stack overflow through messaging or something for wii U.

I could be totally wrong here, I've just woken up, but it could be useful for 5.5.2 vulns?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay...so when nintendo told investors that they weren't going to abandon the wiiu (or the 3DS) when their new system was out, they apparently meant it. Not in the way that the gaming audience would've liked, but they meant it nonetheless. :P

What I find hilarious is that every time on the hacking forums someone asks a question, inevitably someone will reply with "read the stickies!!!!!!". Yet even though these stickies have huge flashing neon letters saying "NEVER UPDATE YOUR CONSOLE!!!" as the first bullet point, I see quite a few regulars who apparently don't read the stickies themselves.
Or learn from the past, for that matter. It's not like this is the first time in history nintendo released a firmware update that patched hacks. :rolleyes:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro