Hacking Incoming Wii U update 5.5.2

jckobl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I had followed a homebrew guide and changed the DNS settings to this, but I still got the update. Anyone know why that happened?

EhSoKNi.jpg

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So I had followed a homebrew guide and changed the DNS settings to this, but I still got the update. Anyone know why that happened?

EhSoKNi.jpg
Do you have a second internet connection without the DNS change? Or its because those DNS aren't the same as in the guide i used. I used 168.235.092.108 & 081.004.127.020

JeffSkully

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone keeps saying don't update to 5.5.2 I'm still on 5.5.1. I'm using the browser exploit just to load custom music on Smash that's it. Does the update brick your WiiU or just stops the browser exploit from working? What can I do to keep all my hard work? I'm not tech savvy.

C0mm4nd_

Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
Everyone keeps saying don't update to 5.5.2 I'm still on 5.5.1. I'm using the browser exploit just to load custom music on Smash that's it. Does the update brick your WiiU or just stops the browser exploit from working? What can I do to keep all my hard work? I'm not tech savvy.
It just fixes browserhax

JeffSkully

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone keeps saying don't update to 5.5.2 I'm still on 5.5.1. I'm using the browser exploit just to load custom music on Smash that's it. Does the update brick your WiiU if you use the browser exploit or just stops the browser exploit from working? What can I do to keep all my hard work? I'm not tech savvy.

lenitao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's bad.
So I have to update sysnand first and later the rednand?
either way at some point I'll have two different versions installed, assuming that's what causing the bricks.
wanted to ask the same exact

also, I have cold-boot Haxchi that boots red-nand, what's the best course of action?

KhenemetHeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

KhenemetHeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I type these numbers in my Wii U won't update and I can still use the internet and the browser exploit for Smash?
Using these communication with the update servers had been blocked for me, and I could still play online, but if you're still using the browser exploit you should install haxchi while you still can, you'll have to follow iAqua's spoof instructions to do it though.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Using these communication with the update servers had been blocked for me, and I could still play online, but if you're still using the browser exploit you should install haxchi while you still can, you'll have to follow iAqua's spoof instructions to do it though.
You don't need to Spoof to access the eshop if you are on 5.5.1 or lower just use nnu patcher and the eshop will still work.

Reactions: KhenemetHeru

kcsims

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figures all this would happen now. I just started looking into hacking my Wii u and now this. Does the system auto update itself if I don't have anything blocked? I may just have to wait for the next exploit if so.

Thanks.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't have much use for the average end user.

I am in the process (yeah I know) of setting up my WiiU 5.1.1, I did buy a DS game before so I better get to it. I think RedNAND is great for the following reasons:

- NAND has only so many write cycles. The WiiU apparently writes to NAND often (log/activity files etc.). A RedNAND takes the burden off the built-in NAND and can be backed up and replaced easily.
- If you mess something up badly, restore your last backup and don't make the same mistake... brick-proofing your WiiU
- If you're in RedNAND and somehow there's an update, it can only stealth-update RedNAND, SysNAND is fine
- Given enough time, you will probably have the same as 3DS right now: use an out-of-region EmuNAND to get 100% compatibility

On the 3DS I had a 9.2 SysNAND and higher EmuNAND for ages (until A9LH/B9S with Luma which made EmuNAND unnecessary). I'd say that until we have super-early code execution on Wii U, a RedNAND is still a valid option.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am in the process (yeah I know) of setting up my WiiU 5.1.1, I did buy a DS game before so I better get to it. I think RedNAND is great for the following reasons:

- NAND has only so many write cycles. The WiiU apparently writes to NAND often (log/activity files etc.). A RedNAND takes the burden off the built-in NAND and can be backed up and replaced easily.
- If you mess something up badly, restore your last backup and don't make the same mistake... brick-proofing your WiiU
- If you're in RedNAND and somehow there's an update, it can only stealth-update RedNAND, SysNAND is fine
- Given enough time, you will probably have the same as 3DS right now: use an out-of-region EmuNAND to get 100% compatibility

On the 3DS I had a 9.2 SysNAND and higher EmuNAND for ages (until A9LH/B9S with Luma which made EmuNAND unnecessary). I'd say that until we have super-early code execution on Wii U, a RedNAND is still a valid option.

*Shrug* Your system, but don't get upset if something goes awry.

Reactions: AmandaRose

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
*Shrug* Your system, but don't get upset if something goes awry.

Are you saying the RedNAND implementation on Wii U is flawed? I just have experience with 3DS and never had any issues there (with 4.3 and 9.2 SysNANDs) but the 3DS scene is far more advanced than Wii U.

Note this is a question I mean seriously, not to pick a fight or anything. If RedNAND is still in beta or even alpha I'll stick with SysNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night