Images of Logitech's and Tencent's upcoming cloud gaming handheld leaked

logi 1.JPG

Earlier this month, Logitech announced a partnership with Tencent to develop a handheld gaming console dedicated for cloud gaming, the tentatively-named Logitech G Gaming Handheld. While a registration link has been provided to get access to updates, details or even renders of the device weren't made public. However, leaker Evan Blass shared some of the handheld's images, before getting taken down with a DMCA notice. But other outlets were fast enough to backup the images, which you can see below:

logi 1.JPG

logi 2.JPG logi 3.JPG

Those images give a general idea about the device's shape, form factor and buttons layout. The latter are asymmetrical, with two extra face buttons on the lower side acting as a 'Home' button and a custom 'G' button. One of the images also show that the Logitech G has Google Play access, which could indicate that this is an Android-based device, as opposed to Windows-based like other competitors' recent handhelds.

While the veracity of those images has yet to be confirmed, Logitech's response indicates that these could images could be indicative of their upcoming device. In addition, Twitter user @Za_Raczke provided a follow up tweet thread with more specs details obtained from the FCC, Geekbench, the US Patent Office and the Play Store Console:

logi 4.JPG

While these specs might not be as beefy as the latest gaming phone, it is a cloud-focused device. We'll have to wait for an official confirmation from Logitech, so take these details with a grain a salt.

:arrow: SOURCE

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Other phones that have the Qualcomm SM7125/Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G are the Samsung Galaxy A52, Poco M2, and Oppo Reno 4. Quite a dated SoC, released way back in 2020 but it should be perfectly fine if it's a cloud-based gaming device. It should also make for a decent emulation device but we'll have to see the price first.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not gonna lie, I LOVE the design of this device but unless it has HDMI out and is priced under the Retroid Pocket 3 then this device is a no-go. I love my Steam Deck but watching TV on it is not as easy-in / easy-out as on Android. Been thinking about picking up an Android portable and seeing what I can make out of it.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the plus side, these devices can push the Android OS into making more dedicated games with physical buttons in mind than shitty touchscreen controls.

There are a lot of quality Android games, however, the trashy ones are the ones that always get all the attention.

Reactions: LightyKD

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Earlier this month, Logitech announced a partnership with Tencent to develop a handheld gaming console dedicated for cloud gaming, the tentatively-named Logitech G Gaming Handheld. While a registration link has been provided to get access to updates, details or even renders of the device weren't made public. However, leaker Evan Blass shared some of the handheld's images, before getting taken down with a DMCA notice. But other outlets were fast enough to backup the images, which you can see below:

Those images give a general idea about the device's shape, form factor and buttons layout. The latter are asymmetrical, with two extra face buttons on the lower side acting as a 'Home' button and a custom 'G' button. One of the images also show that the Logitech G has Google Play access, which could indicate that this is an Android-based device, as opposed to Windows-based like other competitors' recent handhelds.

While the veracity of those images has yet to be confirmed, Logitech's response indicates that these could images could be indicative of their upcoming device. In addition, Twitter user @Za_Raczke provided a follow up tweet thread with more specs details obtained from the FCC, Geekbench, the US Patent Office and the Play Store Console:

While these specs might not be as beefy as the latest gaming phone, it is a cloud-focused device. We'll have to wait for an official confirmation from Logitech, so take these details with a grain a salt.

:arrow:SOURCE
What is the point of a cloud gaming handheld? Most people use handhelds on the go.

Reactions: NakedFaerie

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What is the point of a cloud gaming handheld? Most people use handhelds on the go.
Not all games require 0 lag all the time. I don't care about having a 20ms ping if I'm playing a turn-based game.

I really don't get you people: you claim that phone games are bad, yet you're shitting on a handheld that lets you stream PC/Home console games on the go. You really can't be happy with anything.

Personally, I have no use for this, because I have a $2k phone. But if I was broke and this thing was less than $150 I'd be using it for streaming games from my PS5 on the go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!