Images of Logitech's and Tencent's upcoming cloud gaming handheld leaked

logi 1.JPG

Earlier this month, Logitech announced a partnership with Tencent to develop a handheld gaming console dedicated for cloud gaming, the tentatively-named Logitech G Gaming Handheld. While a registration link has been provided to get access to updates, details or even renders of the device weren't made public. However, leaker Evan Blass shared some of the handheld's images, before getting taken down with a DMCA notice. But other outlets were fast enough to backup the images, which you can see below:

logi 1.JPG

logi 2.JPG logi 3.JPG

Those images give a general idea about the device's shape, form factor and buttons layout. The latter are asymmetrical, with two extra face buttons on the lower side acting as a 'Home' button and a custom 'G' button. One of the images also show that the Logitech G has Google Play access, which could indicate that this is an Android-based device, as opposed to Windows-based like other competitors' recent handhelds.

While the veracity of those images has yet to be confirmed, Logitech's response indicates that these could images could be indicative of their upcoming device. In addition, Twitter user @Za_Raczke provided a follow up tweet thread with more specs details obtained from the FCC, Geekbench, the US Patent Office and the Play Store Console:

logi 4.JPG

While these specs might not be as beefy as the latest gaming phone, it is a cloud-focused device. We'll have to wait for an official confirmation from Logitech, so take these details with a grain a salt.

:arrow: SOURCE

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who is this for? People who don't even have enough money to save up for devices like the Steam Deck, yet have a fast enough internet to make this worth it?

SaberLilly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is going to certainly be something interesting for sure, but its the software that counts really. I'll be interested to see if it can do emulation.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop trying to make cloud gaming a thing…how many times has this concept failed

It’s not going to happen no one likes it

Yes it can be useful sometimes, but those times are few and far between imo
Unfortunately idiots keep supporting digital crap so obviously the more devices out there that's digital only, is only going to please devs and microshite to fuck its gamers over and get their wish.

Trying to force gaming as digital only so the console company can maximise its profits, makes it cheaper to produce for the devs, but the end user is left with a dud box at the end of its life with fuck all.

Puts an end to pre owned gaming, definitely putting an end to collectors and games eventually increasing in value.

So yea, gaming now is more about milking as much as they can, games themselves are recycled rushed crap with main focus for its digital side.

That's because idiots buy into it and blindly throw money at all this digital shit.

So why won't consoles go digital only when idiots are already buying into it.

Chris_Dai_Gyakuten_Saiban

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you wanted to try to play this on the go, you would need good cell service, why not use a phone? Why does this exist at all?
The whole reason a device like this exists is just for money, heck all they care about is that this thing just barely functions, sell a few units and they got just what they wanted.

Reactions: ChaoticPumpkin

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not all games require 0 lag all the time. I don't care about having a 20ms ping if I'm playing a turn-based game.

I really don't get you people: you claim that phone games are bad, yet you're shitting on a handheld that lets you stream PC/Home console games on the go. You really can't be happy with anything.

Personally, I have no use for this, because I have a $2k phone. But if I was broke and this thing was less than $150 I'd be using it for streaming games from my PS5 on the go.
That doesnt really fix the issue. I have handhelds for the time I plan to have no network at all. Such as long trips.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the point of a cloud gaming handheld? Most people use handhelds on the go.
I mean with 5G and everyone having a smartphone that can instantly be a wifi hotspot and we all have unlimited data these days too, it's not hard to see how such a handheld has merit, and is essentially future proof. Maybe one day 6G will drop, maybe one day, we'll have super fast global wifi, as long as the device can connect to a wifi network then it will always be able to cloud game on the go, until you get to a crappy area with no mobile coverage, but it's reach is huge and only grows by the day.

None of this is to say I'm hyped on cloud gaming, but I do see it as a technology that will only improve in time, and the pieces are in place for the already available devices themselves be great at it and even improve when wifi capabilities improve.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro