Hacking Im about to attempt to upgrade from rxtools, to Luma with A9HL. Any suggestions before I start?

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Personally, if you don't mind redowoading games, I would backup any saves you have, format your SD Card and go completely stock on 9.2 and start from there. It's a lot cleaner that way.

Back up your games with @JK_ also known as "JKSM" - JK Save Manager. - I started from rxTools being my previous CFW, everything went well.

JohnathanMonkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh... Not bugfixes, more like me being OCD removing/simplifying stuff as much as I can.
Tell me where I have not-working features:)
(Anyway... one second it's too many commits, the following second the code is bloated... A contradiction there! People need to make up their mind!:unsure:)
I weighed the pros and cons and I'm using Luma anyway. Too many people love it vs people who don't.

I had to do some work around the house but now I am about to get back to it. After doing the one click thing in otp Helper, it says one click setup succeeded so that's a good sign. Moving on to the next step.

SPOKE TOO SOON! Rebooted to nothing but a black screen. Troubleshooting this now :(

Crisis averted. Booted without the SD card and it worked. Mini heart attack though lol.

Restoring sysnand and then on to step 5

EDIT - Ok guys. I need some help. I just did the following:

1. Launch SafeA9LHInstaller
  2. "Exploiting arm9" should be nearly instant, if you get stuck restart and try again
  3. Select Full Install
  4. The installer will now install arm9loaderhax on your device (this is very fast)
  5. Your hold select on boot to enter the Luma3DS menu.
The issue I am having is that when it reboots, it automatically boots to SafeA9LHInstaller v1.5.2 even if I don't touch anything. If I press select the same thing happens. Any idea what's going on here? Thank you! @CrispyYoshi @proflayton123 @nickwhit @Aurora Wright

Last edited by JohnathanMonkey,

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I weighed the pros and cons and I'm using Luma anyway. Too many people love it vs people who don't.

I had to do some work around the house but now I am about to get back to it. After doing the one click thing in otp Helper, it says one click setup succeeded so that's a good sign. Moving on to the next step.

SPOKE TOO SOON! Rebooted to nothing but a black screen. Troubleshooting this now :(

Crisis averted. Booted without the SD card and it worked. Mini heart attack though lol.

Restoring sysnand and then on to step 5

EDIT - Ok guys. I need some help. I just did the following:

1. Launch SafeA9LHInstaller
  2. "Exploiting arm9" should be nearly instant, if you get stuck restart and try again
  3. Select Full Install
  4. The installer will now install arm9loaderhax on your device (this is very fast)
  5. Your hold select on boot to enter the Luma3DS menu.
The issue I am having is that when it reboots, it automatically boots to SafeA9LHInstaller v1.5.2 even if I don't touch anything. If I press select the same thing happens. Any idea what's going on here? Thank you! @CrispyYoshi @proflayton123 @nickwhit @Aurora Wright
You need to replace the arm9loaderhax.bin file on your sd card with the one from luma

Reactions: proflayton123

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Yea it was my fault :) I do have another issue... When booting it says to press start to boot decrypt9 but when I do that, I get a black screen. Any ideas and thank you guys for the help once again.
Look in the luma folder you should have a payload folder. Inside that you should have a default bin file. Example def_name.bin

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Yea it was my fault :) I do have another issue... When booting it says to press start to boot decrypt9 but when I do that, I get a black screen. Any ideas and thank you guys for the help once again.

Follow this~

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 290

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...