Hacking Accidentally unplugged SD card while running emuMMC...

supergomguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
yo switch pirates

I accidentally pulled out the SD card while booted up on the emummc ( i am stupid, I know...). The system immediately crashed and when trying to reboot into my emummc I am treated with a 2162-0002 error code. I guess I corrupted my emuMMC. In my troubleshooting I have tried the following:

- Updated atmosphere and hekate (downloaded from github and merged folders)

- Fix emummc from hekate

- Delete Atmosphere folder and paste new version

I have likely made things worse by fiddling so now I am looking to start from scratch (unless there is anything else I should try before I give up hope). I would reallllly like to keep my saves and if possible my installed games.

Is it possible to simply copy the /emmuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo folder off the current card, format and follow a guide to set up from scratch and then copy it back? (and keep games and saves?)

For context I did not set up the original system so I am not 100% sure which set up is being used on my my switch, however my research leads me to believe that it is a file based SD EmuMMC setup as the Nintendo directory mentioned above is ~200GB.

I have backed up my saves following suchmememanyskill . github . io/guides/switchextractsaves/ (sorry for link - had to change it to post here) but how would I add them back onto a fresh SD card installation assuming I can't just copy over the nintendo file like I want to above?

I also made a back up using NxNANDManager but before I restore using that, I would like to know if that's even useful as the backup is 30GB and came from a different partition on the SD card even though i'm pretty sure my set up uses a file based emuMMC.

I am nervous to try anything more as losing my saves would be really sad. (losing my games would be too as they copy incredibly slowly from my FTP server, but that is an issue for another day)

Any help getting my dumbass back up and running would be really appreciated :)

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Just copy everything from that card to your PC so you have a backup.
The saves are supposed to be in that file from the /emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo folder.

Is it possible to simply copy the /emmuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo folder off the current card, format and follow a guide to set up from scratch and then copy it back? (and keep games and saves?)
Yes afaik that should be possible unless you crashed your emummc image instead of the SD card itself.
Since you get the 2162-0002 error code, there might be a problem with one of the system files in the emummc.
But you can just try to use it again. If it doesn't work, then you can delete it and use a fresh one.
You can copy over the save files with some homebrew app directly from the SD card.
You can't do the same thing with games as far as I know.
The Switch operating system keeps a log of what is installed and copying over just the files won't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4