Hacking Im about to attempt to upgrade from rxtools, to Luma with A9HL. Any suggestions before I start?

wiiu more like pee u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like this person, i can access homebrew. i have sysnand 9.2, rxtools with emunand set up. So if I were to start this tutorial from part 4, I will not lose any save/ data? thanks m9

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
like this person, i can access homebrew. i have sysnand 9.2, rxtools with emunand set up. So if I were to start this tutorial from part 4, I will not lose any save/ data? thanks m9
You will keep everything, if you want to be extra safe use jk's save manager to back them all up first

JohnathanMonkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finishing up everything now. It takes some time but if I can do it, anyone can. Thank for all the help everyone! I will be doing this to my wifes next and I think it will go much faster and smoother.

Last edited by JohnathanMonkey,
Reactions: CrispyYoshi

felixsrg

Temp's Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Finishing up everything now. It takes some time but if I can do it, anyone can. Thank for all the help everyone! I will be doing this to my wifes next and I think it will go much faster and smoother.

Really glad to read this, the process takes its time, but if one follows the instructions one by one, slowly, everybody can install A9LH, congratulations!

JohnathanMonkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really glad to read this, the process takes its time, but if one follows the instructions one by one, slowly, everybody can install A9LH, congratulations!

Exactly. Towards the end I started to rush and make mistakes but if you take it nice and slowly, everything will go smooth. Once everything gets copied back to my SD card I will see exactly how it feels and works. Is there a way for it to boot directly to Luma or do I have to force it to load every time?

felixsrg

Temp's Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
If you get Luma's "arm9loaderhax.bin" on the root of your SD card and its folder with the payloads you wish to have, you can boot holding the Select button to get to Luma's configuration, there you set everything and it will load automatically.

JohnathanMonkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you get Luma's "arm9loaderhax.bin" on the root of your SD card and its folder with the payloads you wish to have, you can boot holding the Select button to get to Luma's configuration, there you set everything and it will load automatically.

Oh yea. I forgot that.

wiiu more like pee u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, im midway installing a9lh. Im on the steps :
  1. Repeat steps 29 through 34, this is not optional (in other words, you must TinyFormat your RedNAND twice - if you do not, your device may brick when you downgrade)
  2. Remove any TWL modifications done to the device or PlaiSysUpdater will throw an error
    (if you have no idea what this is, don't worry about it; most users will not need to do this)
  3. Launch the Health and Safety Application (which is now FBI)
  4. Navigate to PlaiSysUpdater.cia and press A to install
Am I supposed to do #3,4 through sysnand or rednand? thanks

felixsrg

Temp's Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
  1. Repeat steps 29 through 34, this is not optional (in other words, you must TinyFormat your RedNAND twice - if you do not, your device may brick when you downgrade)
  2. Remove any TWL modifications done to the device or PlaiSysUpdater will throw an error
    (if you have no idea what this is, don't worry about it; most users will not need to do this)

Steps 3 and 4 are to be made on the RedNAND/EmuNAND which is the one we are going to downgrade directly via "PlaiSysUpdater"

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rednand!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...