I'll let you guys in on a secret about pirates.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
We support software/media we like.

2016-01-16 19.07.35.jpg

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

WeedZ

OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I would too if I wasn't poor as a brick.
That's another reason I'm cool with piracy. People that don't have the money to blow on videogames still get a chance to play. There's no loss because they wouldn't have been bought anyway.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You mean as poor as a noobs 3ds?
giphy.gif

I bought a lot of 3ds games... but not that many! Most of my favorite 3ds titles were pirated.
I have more 3ds games but cant find em at the moment. I rounded up what I could to make a point.

Reactions: Deleted User

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's another reason I'm cool with piracy. People that don't have the money to blow on videogames still get a chance to play. There's no loss because they wouldn't have been bought anyway.

I have more 3ds games but cant find em at the moment. I rounded up what I could to make a point.
But there is loss. When they do get the spare money to spend on games, they probably wont, because who wants to spend money on a 3ds title when they can save up for an NX? Or maybe they'll tell their friends, the loyal Nintendo customers. And the piracy will still deter devs.

I still do it.

WeedZ

OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
But there is loss. When they do get the spare money to spend on games, they probably wont, because who wants to spend money on a 3ds title when they can save up for an NX? Or maybe they'll tell their friends, the loyal Nintendo customers. And the piracy will still deter devs.

I still do it.
Maybe. Im sure there are people who could afford games but choose to pirate just to keep their pockets heavy. But I think there are still enough supporters to keep the industry strong. And if you save money from pirating and put it towards a new gen console, I would think that would be a win for the game companies as well.

I pirate all the time. Anything I buy I consider a donation for a job well done.

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like to think of it as "sharing". If someone posts something like a game on the internet, they're sharing the game with you...But that's only if they bought the game. Now, if I had known that they somehow got the game for free (Hacking a server from a game developer), then I wouldn't download that game

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like to think of it as "sharing". If someone posts something like a game on the internet, they're sharing the game with you...But that's only if they bought the game. Now, if I had known that they somehow got the game for free (Hacking a server from a game developer), then I wouldn't download that game
id download it anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol