Hacking If you are gonna update EmuNAND to 6.3, Too late!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
guys, does anybody know if the 3ds downloads the new firmwares even if another old one got downloaded? like, somebody who had the nag since from before 6.3 but found hout he/she could update emunand to 6.3 without the internet connection? (obviously, he/she would have had to use the wifi outside of the games after the 6.3 was out)

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
guys, does anybody know if the 3ds downloads the new firmwares even if another old one got downloaded?

Yes it does. I have had the update prompt since 5.0 or 5.1 came out and I installed 6.3 without internet connection.

By the way, I find funny that a lot of people wanted to avoid the automatic download of the new updates and now everyone is getting crazy about downloading 6.3 this way.

Reactions: tyons

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think I got it to work, the update bar is actually moving now. I just re-did the emuNAND

edit: nvm, error returned right at the end

edit 2: back to error hell we are. Just keeps giving errors whenever I try to update

What ds card did you use to install the exploit? I think i'm a rare case, but I could NOT get the gw .nds file to run properly for the life of me. I used the R4i deluxe files to install the exploit, and THEN put on the GWay launcher file on the SD card, and was able to get the GW emunand running. (then connected to wifi and downloaded/installed update, etc.)

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
By the way, I find funny that a lot of people wanted to avoid the automatic download of the new updates and now everyone is getting crazy about downloading 6.3 this way.

I wish I could put "like" twice, lol

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
What ds card did you use to install the exploit? I think i'm a rare case, but I could NOT get the gw .nds file to run properly for the life of me. I used the R4i deluxe files to install the exploit, and THEN put on the GWay launcher file on the SD card, and was able to get the GW emunand running. (then connected to wifi and downloaded/installed update, etc.)
I used a R4i Gold to run the exploit since I don't have access to a gateway, has anyone else tried this card?
emuNAND seems to be running fine though, its just the updating that's screwing me over

Edit: I'll completely reformat the SD card and try your method of using R4i Deluxe files. Hopefully that may work out

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used a R4i Gold to run the exploit since I don't have access to a gateway, has anyone else tried this card?
emuNAND seems to be running fine though, its just the updating that's screwing me over

Edit: I'll completely reformat the SD card and try your method of using R4i Deluxe files. Hopefully that may work out
I wonder if it's more of some wifi setting on your end. Can you try a different hotspot, like a starbucks/coffee shop?

Could be region also since you're not in the USA.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

This could be stupid: couldn't that be because the eshop is in maintenance and you're trying to update the munand through the internet? (not using firmware updates you downloaded on your 3DS)

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if it's more of some wifi setting on your end. Can you try a different hotspot, like a starbucks/coffee shop?

Could be region also since you're not in the USA.
That could be it but my 6.3 3DS seems to be able to go online fine on the same connection

This could be stupid: couldn't that be because the eshop is in maintenance and you're trying to update the munand through the internet? (not using firmware updates you downloaded on your 3DS)

That's what I thought too but someone else managed to update fine while eshop was down

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's what I thought too but someone else managed to update fine while eshop was down

Did they update after you or some time before you? It's possible that they stopped sending updates in preparation to send the 7.0, right when you were trying to update.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess timeframe-wise, I just downloaded and updated the emunand from 4.4 to 6.3 about 20 minutes before tjexp (or same time he was trying)

But i'm in the US and he's in the UK so who knows if the 6.3 is still "there" or not on the servers. I can confirm that I could NOT get onto the eshop, but was able to update just fine to 6.3.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does anyone know if you get the update prompt every time you successfully execute a sleep-mode firmware download? Or is it still once a day? Or does the prompt appear every time even if you don't actually download a new version, but it just reminds you that there is a version available locally, after being in sleep mode?

tjexp

Happy New Year!
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess timeframe-wise, I just downloaded and updated the emunand from 4.4 to 6.3 about 20 minutes before tjexp (or same time he was trying)

But i'm in the US and he's in the UK so who knows if the 6.3 is still "there" or not on the servers. I can confirm that I could NOT get onto the eshop, but was able to update just fine to 6.3.
Yup I was trying around the same time... must be a UK thing I presume then

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Does anyone know if you get the update prompt every time you successfully execute a sleep-mode firmware download? Or is it still once a day? Or does the prompt appear every time even if you don't actually download a new version, but it just reminds you that there is a version available locally, after being in sleep mode?

I downloaded 6.3 in sleep mode yesterday with my 3.0 3DS. After the download is complete, the spotpass blue LED starts glowing, after opening the 3DS the system prompts you to update; so this means that you successfully got the 6.3 downloaded on your 3DS.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I downloaded 6.3 in sleep mode yesterday with my 3.0 3DS. After the download is complete, the spotpass blue LED starts glowing, after opening the 3DS the system prompts you to update; so this means that you successfully got the 6.3 downloaded on your 3DS.

So I suppose the blue led flash only happens for a short period of time. I wish I knew this beforehand, so I could have kept an eye on that.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks. Man, why can't nintendo be like sony and tell the user all the information about firmwares and updates. It's like they don't care about our feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: holy shit hololive night at the stadium korone would love this