Hardware If a Switch Pro was announced, would you buy it?

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't care about handheld. Not into it for the trip or something like that. I prefer docked mode only. Outside is for nature and enjoying rather than stare at the screen like many people stare at their ridiculous smartphones (hint: facebook as nosy).
Gaming on the toilet, bed, or outside when it is sunny is really something else. For docked mode, Ill play on my pc lmao.
There is no reason why you cant combine gaming +nature. It is better then staying only inside to game lol

Reactions: samarston

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Gaming on the toilet, bed, or outside when it is sunny is really something else. For docked mode, Ill play on my pc lmao.
There is no reason why you cant combine gaming +nature. It is better then staying only inside to game lol
lmao you're absolutely right about handheld mode

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2ghz cpu, 1ghz+ gpu, 6gb ram, oled then worth to buy, even without pirated

Yeah, if the OLED rumor is true, and they add HDR support, that could absolutely be a game changer. The CPU could get a massive upgrade just by being replaced with a newer Cortex model (like an A77 or nVidia custom like what Apple does). No matter what, it would give me the chance to move everything over to the Switch Pro, and then I could hack my old one.

Naendow

Brick-Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe I wouldn't buy a Pro on release, but I think it would be a neat device. At least it would be good enough for selling my girlfriends Lite and give her my normal Switch. :D

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's a no for me. Particularly with Nintendo consoles and their games, graphics power is less of a concern to me. No need to upgrade to a pro model to enjoy Super Mario Odyssey.

Game prices - both, on the eshop and in the used game market - are another deal breaker.
If I want to play a third party game, chances are I will be able to buy it for my PS4 pro or Xbox One X at a fraction of the cost of a switch title.
If I want to play a Nintendo game, I can find the game at a massive discount online for my current switch.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

LOL! I am going to say something but nah... Have fun then.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The switch has a wealth of great exclusive games that all run like shit, many completely unplayable. So yeah i'd buy a switch pro in a heartbeat to not have to deal with janky emulation just to play at a stable FPS.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe you life in the past my dear, OLED is the best screen at current tech, every flagship phone use this, and i hope pro use OLED

Live in the past? Lmao. Because I don't want permanent burn in on my Switch screen? There's proof all over the place of phones with OLED screens having burn-in. The risk is 100% real. "Best screen" is also highly subjective.

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Live in the past? Lmao. Because I don't want permanent burn in on my Switch screen? There's proof all over the place of phones with OLED screens having burn-in. The risk is 100% real. "Best screen" is also highly subjective.
burn rate 1/10000 if that happen just replace them, 50-80$ bucks, simple
and... i always buy oled phone never got burn, the quality is far beyond ips/lcd

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burn rate 1/10000 if that happen just replace them, 50-80$ bucks, simple
and... i always buy oled phone never got burn, the quality is far beyond ips/lcd

Quality is far beyond ips/lcd..... depending on. This is not an accurate statement in all cases. For example, OLED televisions are not as good for HDR content because no current models are as bright as LCDs. They also have black crush problems, and the very real burn in thing. How many people do you think would actually replace the Switch Pro screen themselves? C'mon.

Velorian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I would, because console hacking always needs the lowest firmware and the odds of the new one getting hacked based on history says it will be hacked. Plus if you wait then it gets harder and harder to get the lower firmware systems for future homebrew. But, product will be very scarce because of the chip shortage so if you don't get it first then you will be waiting for at least a year or 2 before you can get one. This chip shortage is very serious and is affecting everything from electronics to even food supply.

VeniaSilente

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Not until I see that it's hackable. All I have to do once news get on is to go to the stores that have old stock in storage, since by that point if stores have old stock still in store they are more interested in selling it than me in buying it (seller needs not to know about hacks), and being sealed from long means better chance at low firmware.

Even if it saw a 20-25% price increase somehow, it'd be a net win since I'd be able to hack it. At a higher price increase, all I have to do is trick my friends group into surprise buying me one for next birthday.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.