Question about Switch OLED

BraixenIsTheBest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I was considering getting a Switch OLED but there was a few questions I wanted to ask in advance.

1. Games contained on Sysnand/Emunand, would they be able to be transferred between systems with use of the MicroSD card?

2. Settings such as Accounts tied to my Nintendo Switch. Would they be able to be transferred to the new system?

3. Save data contained in Sysnand/Emunand, would they be able to be transferred over?

4. Homebrewing the OLED. I still have my old rig I use for the Switch. Is it easy to Homebrew the OLED? Do I need a certain model of Switch?

5. After homebrewing an OLED, would I be able to just work with the same stuff I have been on Switch as if nothing had changed?

6. What is so different about the OLED compared to the Switch? What's gonna make me want to buy this right now? I head it runs 4K Resolution. Does that mean games run at 3840x2160?

Basically explain this to me as if I know nothing about the process. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by BraixenIsTheBest,

Mediabinge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. The transfer requires you to be connected to the Nintendo servers, any illegal content and you’ll be banned.

2. Yes

3.transfer account and saves

4. Need to solder a mod chip, old models are the easiest for modding.

5. Yes, if you can solder/know someone that can.

6. Resolutions the same 720p deeper blacks resulting in brighter colors on a glass screen. I love mine

If your current switch is good, and you don’t play handheld a lot you’d be better off keepin your setup

I am curious as to how you know about the sysnand/emu but the video output was missed. Like that’s advanced stuff to me.

Lol just threw me off, but yeah the battery life is better and the screen is better. But the output of the console to a tv/external display is the same as the original.

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
6. It's slightly bigger screen, has a better looking screen, larger internal memory. Dock in general is slightly larger, loses a usb port but gains an ethernet port.

Reactions: Mediabinge

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto