Hardware If a Switch Pro was announced, would you buy it?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only when it becomes hackable.

Bad idea.. Because when it becomes hackable then it will be incredible expensive on eBay and you won't find early version in the stores..

Hint: Scalpers.
Recommend: Pre-order it like I did for PS5.

Ian095

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I find myself conflicted regarding this topic. Part of me wants to get the new console for the sake of being current but another part of me wants to wait to see what games actually need it. I got shafted with the N3DSXL, as only like 3 games came to america that needed it, and even though it was the very limited edition majora's mask one and was awesome, i still didn't NEED it, can couldvve saved myself a few bucks if i had just not got it. I guess the plan is to wait and see if this is more than just uneeded upgrade or the next big thing.

Think I know EXACTLY how you feel. Got an ambassador New3DS. Only New3DS exclusive I ever played was Xenoblade Chronicles and mind you I absolutely loved it... Though it was just disappointing more didn't come... Makes you think if a switch Pro had exclusives... There's a chance history might repeat itself.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If they release a home "console-only" (no integrated screen) "pro" model, then definitely.
Still a 'hybrid' model, then only maybe... partly why I'm still yet to get one - I know I'll only ever use it docked, so why pay for components that I'm not using?

This sort of thing makes sense but I doubt they'll make a full home console when their departments were merged for home and portable let's be real... A home console is surely thousands times superior unless it has a low price point in mind.

I think an upscaling dock is more likely and actually what I'd prefer because I already own a mclassic and it does a damn good job

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Bad idea.. Because when it becomes hackable then it will be incredible expensive on eBay and you won't find early version in the stores..

Hint: Scalpers.
Recommend: Pre-order it like I did for PS5.

That's why you need to try be on the ball day zero. I think I'd be inclined to upgrade the second I heard the words hello world appeared on the screen of the thing. That is a programmers way of saying, were in bois! Only issue is may not work so easily if it requires incredibly low firmware... Yet myself I couldn't bare to spend a day one price on a console just to have it collect dust for an unknown duration of time... Could be in a day could take 10 years. Sad truth

SaberLilly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that really depends, homebrew aside it would need like....obviously games that would take advantage of a "pro" switch. Like I won't buy a new piece of hardware just because it's a slimmer more streamlined switch, it would have to be a real game changer.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh for sure. Considering I could then hack my original Switch without worry after transferring all my games from my first Switch to the new one and disconnecting my account from my original model. Plus, my girlfriend will take the old Switch and we'll be able to do all sorts of great local wireless multiplayer, there is a lot there that I'd love to be able toe xplore.

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
I have the switch for four years that's still runs as good as new and will probably just buy the pro eventually if my og switch finally stops working. I'm more interested with nintendo's next gen though.

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
might be, buy for monster hunter only, beside i dont expect much upgrade from lite, 921mhz on lite should be able head up with pro

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. I'd most likely pre-order the thing. Hopefully titles will be able to attain 1080p (and possibly more if nVidia implements DLSS) could make this a much better upgrade than the n3DS was. I do want to see what it entails, though.

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
heheh btw i really dont like dlss, its just upscaling method(lowering internal resolution and the game looks blurry) nothing fancy, always disable dlss when i play on pc, the graphics ruined by that, like playing low res game.....sorry no thanks for dlss

NelGibs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here in south America, Chile,

speculation sent the price of consoles skyrocketing. A ps4 slim in 2016, GOW 4 bundle had a cost of 350,000 clp, about 490 dollars approximately.
however, video game stores are worth 1 dollar per 1000 clp, which makes the cost of a console much more expensive.
I know that it is not the most expensive country in South America, but even so, it costs a lot to buy. on the other hand, not to mention buying second-hand, today a slim ps4, costs about 617 dollars approximately.

I'm from a third world country in Asia. PS4 Slim costs almost the same as Xbox Series S (sold at msrp here) lol. I'd get a XSS if my internet was fast and unlimited. I'm content with my New 3ds XL, PS2 Slim, and Android phone (playing Layton series and N64 games on it) right now. My New 3ds is a portable SNES, many awesome side scroller games.

BeastMode6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly at this point I just want a handheld PC that emulates PS2/Gamecube at full speed. Most newer game releases suck nowadays anyway IMO.

Homebrew switch comes SO close to full speed but falls just short.

Last edited by BeastMode6,

Willgheminass

The Ultimate Pink Lurker
Trophies
Website
rhylnzux.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to see what this switch is about at it's official announcement and then decide. Most likely I will get it anyways. I just want to see what this thing is capable of in terms of performance for games and possibly homebrew.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am interesting in Sony only. My best friend will get this one and sell old Nintendo Switch (It is like new anyway) and I am fan of Zelda RPG and Mario action game (minus Mario Kart and others) so that's only interested me I don't care about any Nintendo games. Not my things. God of War and huge monsters like that are my top things so..

Last edited by spotanjo3,

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If they release a home "console-only" (no integrated screen) "pro" model, then definitely.
Still a 'hybrid' model, then only maybe... partly why I'm still yet to get one - I know I'll only ever use it docked, so why pay for components that I'm not using?
Im exactly the other way around. Dont care for a docked mode. Give me an improved handheld. And ill buy it.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im exactly the other way around. Dont care for a docked mode. Give me an improved handheld. And ill buy it.

I don't care about handheld. Not into it for the trip or something like that. I prefer docked mode only. Outside is for nature and enjoying rather than stare at the screen like many people stare at their ridiculous smartphones (hint: facebook as nosy).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse