Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
So I was forced to take soccer intramural at my school (I go to a military college) and I suck at it... Every game I feel like I let my fellas down so much. I usually play basketball, but this is just not my sport. Any soccer players in GBAtemp that can help me?

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Westside said:
So I was forced to take soccer intramural at my school (I go to a military college) and I suck at it... Every game I feel like I let my fellas down so much. I usually play basketball, but this is just not my sport. Any soccer players in GBAtemp that can help me?
I'm not good at soccer but I know that the only way your gonna get good is by playing more and getting some confidence.
If your playing and you feel like the decision your making is not the best theres something wrong.Believe in your abilities and think that your decision was the best decision.

Westside

Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
Westside said:
I'm not good at soccer but I know that the only way your gonna get good is by playing more and getting some confidence.
If your playing and you feel like the decision your making is not the best theres something wrong.Believe in your abilities and think that your decision was the best decision.
Lol, it wasn't my decision, I go to a military school, we HAVE to play a sport every semester. All the good ones were taken...

D

Deleted-236924

[badpun]You suck at soccer?[/badpun]

The best thing you could do is train and try hard until you get good.
That's how it works for basically everything.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you're bad and not afraid of the ball, be goalie.
Easiest position ever. The other positions are a lot more technique extensive.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Play defense, don't try to be a forward as that isn't a position for a beginner.
Defense seems to be the easiest to pick up, and play with you have a set goal: don't let anyone get past you, or take a shot at the goal.
Watch some soccer games on tv and see what they do right,and what they do wrong.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Westside said:
No surprise there.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it is not for you or you can just practice, practice and practice. You can watch the soccer television and look at their movement. That's only way to improvement yourself. I do that when I learn to be gymnast and I look at men gymnastics on television. It really helped me a lot.
smile.gif

Westside

Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Yeah, this thing came as a surprise for me. I have one more game tommrow before I get a chance to practice on my own this weekend. I think I will try out some drills like dribling. I can only play defence as the goalie is currently the best one we have in the comapny. Last game I found that it is really difficult to challange the forwards as they are the best on the team. I also had a difficult time recieving passes and dribbling. I HAVE to practice those things this weekend, because if I keep this up, my teammates will kick my ass, lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Why does Psi have PMS?