I purchased from DealExtreme and didn't received item.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by tomrev, Dec 11, 2009.

1. tomrev
    OP

Member tomrev GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I purchased from DealExtreme and didn't received item. I wait for 2 month. Last month I have blame for their responsibility. Today I blame DX again and they close my Acccount!!!

- Is DealExtreme SCAM? Why close my account?

- How can I get my money back?

2. asdf

Member asdf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    DX takes forever, get used to it. They're cheap, but are reliable and take forever.

3. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    Have you been just publicly flaming them on their forums, or did you open a support ticket and calmly explain to them that you haven't received your order in over 2 months?

4. tomrev
    OP

United States
    I wait them for more than 2 months. First I request tickets to them and received response for waiting more days, weeks and months. I think 2 months is more than they promise and blame for their responsibility in their forum. After that they close my account. sigh...

For Last 2 month, I know that there are many customers that have shipping problem as I am.

5. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    If you paid by credit card through paypal you can try doing a charge back. I don't think you can open a dispute with paypal as it has been too long now.

6. tomrev
    OP

United States
    Thank you for your suggestion [​IMG] However, I am unlucky. I didn't paid by credit card from my Paypal account. [​IMG]

This experience teach me that buy cheap may paid expensive... [​IMG]

7. sumarth

sumarth Newbie

wow. dealextreme is good. maybe customs toom it.
    you can track the order step by step, and if you live in the us, usps will even send you tracking emails

8. tomrev
    OP

United States
    I think they are good when customer don't have problem. Service need improve. They are slow and enormous shipping mistakes. However, only good of them is cheap price but reliable is doubt and hidden cost may higher than I think.

9. sumarth

sumarth Newbie

you are right. you had a bad experience. i did not. i saved money. you ended losing some. i, myslef, would still buy from dx, though

10. tomrev
    OP

United States
    I think I am only unlucky. I see many customers blame in their forum that they don't receive items for many months but DX Moderators tell them to wait more. And delete the truth of customer problem but hurt their reputation. What a Great service! Why they not try improve shipping process instead of recruit crews to ans the same?

11. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Well I made a $80 order with them but they forgot to put a flash card at $8 in the parcel now when I email them they ignore it, First time I have had problems with them.

12. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    i have only bought from them on one occassion, due to peoples reccomendations,

I received my item, was a long wait though (6 weeks)

13. fryguy

Member fryguy GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    I got a non working item once from them, contacted them and got a new one with my next order. And the shipping times to Sweden is never more than 2 weeks, usually more like one.

@Tomrev: just contact them and they will sort the problem.

14. tomrev
    OP

United States
    How can I contacted them and have success to solve shipping problem? Do you have any link? My account is closed by DX.

I contact them via ticket opening system many times. They only told me to wait for days, form days to weeks, form weeks to months. I didn't want to accuse them in public but I had no choice. My last blaming (in their forum) caused delete my posts in their forum and closed my account permanently. [​IMG]

15. tomrev
    OP

United States
    It look like similar to my problem. I think they just don't care customer problems after they shipped items.

16. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    I wouldn't go that far. I ordered a Pandora battery from them a while back. When it arrived it didn't work. I contacted them and they sent me a new one free of charge and let me keep the old one in case I could find some use for it.

Some people have had issues with them. I have had none.

17. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    How long did it take for it to arrive? Ordered mine on the 19th and I'm still patiently waiting...

18. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    I just bought two M3i's from dealextreme, they took 3 days to send out my order, then the Hong kong post office took another 10 days before they ship it and then I received it 5 days later.

19. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    I did make a thread on Team Cyclops' forum in Off Topic to compare delivery times from DX; so far the longest time on that thread was 20-30 days, which djshok posted.

20. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    Did it actually leave from Hong Kong Offices yet or is it still in their HQ?