Hacking I might have bricked my 3DS XL. Help :(

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so everything went really smooth. GodMode9 is installed. Luma3DS V8.0 is installed. FBI and LumaUpdater are all installed but the problem is hat I have pretty much lost all of my previous data, although it is still on the SD card (the data was not important at all, there wasn't much either) but now my Homebrew launcher isn't working from the sounds app, it says "Cannot play file". So now that I have installed CFW, I just wanted to ask that is there a need for Homebrew now and how can I install one, just like I did before? Thank you.

EDIT: I figured it out. Installed Homebrew launcher through FBI. Thanks.
Don't forget to replace boot.3dsx with the new homebrew launcher.

Knifegash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fbi will be started from cia installed on your home menu, not via the homebrew launcher. Heck not going to lie i didnt think anyone ever used that form of fbi since its so useless.
How do I access the Home Menu? I'm looking at the guide for the homebrew menu, and it says it's as simple as dropping the boot.3dsx into the root of the SD card, which is one of the steps for moving from A9LH to B9S, but I don't yet know how to make it run. In the guide for Homebrew Menu, it says that it can be used with 3 entry points, ninjhax, hax 2.x, and Rosalina. I have no idea what any of that means. Sorry.

Knifegash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so now I'm trying to use Godmode9, and it gives me a warning that slot0x05 crypto failed, cannot set up slot0x05keyY. What should I do to resolve this error? Thanks.

Edit: I redid the CTRTransfer step, 9.2.0, and after the transfer, I press start to reboot my machine, and it throws up the same Failed to mount CTRNAND. Any ideas at all?

Last edited by Knifegash,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've been eating nothing but pb&j for lunch and I haven't been all that mad