Can I decrypt my saves on PC with only my friend code and ID0?

btjunior

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to decrypt some Minecraft 3DS saves on my SD card, but my 3DS is not working, so I want to be able to decrypt it on PC. I have done some research and it says I need a movable.sed, which I do not have on my card. Can I somehow just use my friend code and id0 to decrypt stuff?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have done some research and it says I need a movable.sed, which I do not have on my card. Can I somehow just use my friend code and id0 to decrypt stuff?
Your research really should have told you that much. :glare:

As I'm sure you probably read along the way, if you don't have your moveable.sed (or a NAND backup or essential.exefs), then you can only brute-force your encryption key if you have a Mii QR code generated on your 3DS, or access to another 3DS that has your 3DS registered (with the Mii, not just provisionally) in its Friend list.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I do have access to a console that has the broken one added.
It's very encouraging that you did some research, but how much research did you do..?

You need to run seedstarter.3dsx (or seedstarter.cia) from https://github.com/zoogie/seedminer/releases/tag/v2.1 on the 3DS in question and follow the instructions in readme.txt , under "[B - No homebrew but friend with homebrew]". (If you don't want to install b9s+Luma on the other unit, you can easily do this if it's a "New" model; it's somewhat trickier on an "old" model.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol