Hacking worried about what to do with 3ds that couldnt boot until new sd was inserted (3ds 11.6 and luma in 7.0)

Robiniko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
So a friend of mine gave me his 3ds xl which he didnt use for a long time for diagnosing what was wrong with it (im not knowledgeable in the scene but because i still use a hacked 3ds he thinks i can do something) , he said it had been hacked, and had no sd (but he had some backup files from the sd apparently), the initial problem was that it turned off right after turning on, i checked the board, no problem, then inserted a sd (8gb fat32) with the files he had and it booted (had to go through the luma menu and and godmode menu) everything seems okay but some slots in the home menu look like there was something there before, only the fbi icon is there (aside from the default home menu stuff) and said he remembers it having more stuff
im puzzled as i dont know nor he remembers what happened, is it ok if i update everything? (luma, boot9strap, and godmode, just like him i also dont know much about the scene and just copied the steps from a tutorial) also it seems there isnt much problem about the lost stuff (if there even was lost stuff) but is there somewhere or something i should look out for?
edit: also when i tap on fbi it pops up a message about parental control and that i have to introduce a password

Last edited by Robiniko,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah 7.0.5
also when i tap on fbi it pops up a message about parental control and that i have to introduce a password

You are on Arm9loaderhax it is an older exploit, currently only Boot9strap are supported, you can follow this guide to update from a9lh to b9s, as for the parental control, asks your friend if they know the code.

Robiniko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
You are on Arm9loaderhax it is an older exploit, currently only Boot9strap are supported, you can follow this guide to update from a9lh to b9s, as for the parental control, asks your friend if they know the code.
thx! should i worry about godmode then? i honestly dont even have it on my 3ds so im not familiarized with it
also what if maybe the parental control message is to warn about its usage or smth like that? my friend has pretty much used fbi before and i doubt he activated parental control

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thx! should i worry about godmode then? i honestly dont even have it on my 3ds so im not familiarized with it
also what if maybe the parental control message is to warn about its usage or smth like that? my friend has pretty much used fbi before and i doubt he activated parental control

If there is a parental control code, your friend probably set it up so you have to asks your friend, the first thing you should do is remove the parental control if there is one, you can try this

https://mkey.salthax.org/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/disabling-parental-controls-without-the-pin.424747/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto