Hacking I have a Switch on v3.0.0; what should I do for CFW?

HorrorHound

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an original switch I've kept on Airplane mode for years; it's currently running the official 3.0.0 firmware.

I also purchased a SXPro device years ago which I just started playing around with but having troubles getting the license to work; so I think I'll just go straight to Atmosphere. However when attempting to launch the Album icon in Atmosphere it throws an error.

Should I just take the Switch off airplane mode and update to the latest firmware?

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to use another version of the hbmenu because the one bundled in sdsetup and atmosphere crashes on older firmwares.
What I did is using the hbmenu that comes with ReiNX, launch hekate > emummc > album > update firmware and then put back hbmenu from atmosphere.
It's a little weird and not well documented, but it worked for me.

HorrorHound

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to use another version of the hbmenu because the one bundled in sdsetup and atmosphere crashes on older firmwares.
What I did is using the hbmenu that comes with ReiNX, launch hekate > emummc > album > update firmware and then put back hbmenu from atmosphere.
It's a little weird and not well documented, but it worked for me.

Thanks this put me on the right path and I updated to firmware 9.0. Trick was downgrading hbl.nsp and not just hbmenu.nsp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    N @ NoiseCommander3DS: https://youtu.be/cAo4TuKIz6s