How do I unhack my switch?

BreezyWinds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a xaw-1002 switch and I installed custom firmware an SD card to hack it. I am planning on selling it and want to revert into a stock switch. Can I just remove the SD card, format the card and the switch, and everything is stock? I do not believe I changed the sysnand at all, but I could be mistaken as I hacked my switch a while ago. How do I check if I changed anything there or will a factory reset revert it anyways?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
If you used EmuMMC only then yes, you can just format the SD card. You should probably also reset SysMMC so you don't hand over anything from you (purchased games, Nintendo account)
However if you used SysMMC for CFW then SysMMC is probably dirty and that could cause a ban for the new user when he/she goes online with it. Maybe a system wipe could prevent that if you have been blocking Nintendo servers all the time but I am not sure how to do that the correct way. Maybe someone else can help with that if that is your scenario

To ckeck whether you use EmuMMC or SysMMC for CFW boot Atmosphere, go to settings and check the firmware version. If it end with a |S then you are using SysMMC, if it end with a |E then you are using EmuMMC. For instance 17.0.1|AMS 1.6.2|E

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
If you used EmuMMC only then yes, you can just format the SD card. You should probably also reset SysMMC so you don't hand over anything from you (purchased games, Nintendo account)
However if you used SysMMC for CFW then SysMMC is probably dirty and that could cause a ban for the new user when he/she goes online with it. Maybe a system wipe could prevent that if you have been blocking Nintendo servers all the time but I am not sure how to do that the correct way. Maybe someone else can help with that if that is your scenario

To ckeck whether you use EmuMMC or SysMMC for CFW boot Atmosphere, go to settings and check the firmware version. If it end with a |S then you are using SysMMC, if it end with a |E then you are using EmuMMC. For instance 17.0.1|AMS 1.6.2|E
If you "dirted" your SysNAND, the only way of avoid a ban is having a NAND backup of the exact moment when you put the SYSNAND OFFLINE before get it dirty, and restore it.

if you don have that exact Backup, is impossible to avoid ban.

If you are using autorcm remember to disable it before sell it.

but the best way at this moment is ask the seller if like the console modded and ship it with a basic SD Card only with atmosphere and hekate and a wiped system.

Reactions: Blythe93

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Depends on how it was hacked.

Generally:
1. Restore boot1/boot0 using hekate - to reverse autorcm - assuming V1 and needs a dongle to power on
2. Remove SD card and keep it
3. Boot normally
4. Turn on wifi to free up the linked account (optional)
5. Erase/format all data on the switch using the system menu
6. Power off

I guess you can sell it after 6 but you'll mostly want to set it up again to check that it still works.

Now depending if you installed games/cheated on the stock OS, the switch can get banned if used by the buyer online.

Last edited by fvig2001,
Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbeat/twitch-streamer-places-24000-hit-on-youtuber-after-stellar...