Homebrew Lost prodinfo.bin, stock fw still has his serial, cfw does not

RedRapt0r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Updated to 17.0.1, and noticed that having a blank serial isn't supported anymore. For now, i'm using it in airplane mode. I've also applied the emummc.txt file for dns redirection (90dns).
I've used incognito.nro to erase the serial only on cfw years ago, if i boot stock i can see that the seria is still here so the stock fw is ok (i can go online with it). I only have the automatic atmosphere back PRODINFO and BISKEYS.
Is there a way to restore the serial on the emummc? Or should i just ditch this emummc ?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use Exosphere + DNSMitm to continue block server communication. As for prodinfo you either need a prodinfo backup or a NAND backup with it before being wiped if it was wiped by Incognito.

RedRapt0r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It seems that simply blocking the connections to nintendo is preventing the console from crashing while it still is connected to the internet with the erased serial number

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Updated to 17.0.1, and noticed that having a blank serial isn't supported anymore. For now, i'm using it in airplane mode. I've also applied the emummc.txt file for dns redirection (90dns).
I've used incognito.nro to erase the serial only on cfw years ago, if i boot stock i can see that the seria is still here so the stock fw is ok (i can go online with it). I only have the automatic atmosphere back PRODINFO and BISKEYS.
Is there a way to restore the serial on the emummc? Or should i just ditch this emummc ?
You can back up the PRODINFO partition from sysNAND and flash it to emuNAND with no issues.

But why does it matter? emuNAND never needs to connect to Nintendo servers so it's safer to just keep it as it is.

Edit: I see, so Nintendo made the console crash if you have PRODINFO blanked.
It seems that as long as you are using DNS redirection, the crash doesn't happen (because the crash happens when a connection to Nintendo servers is attempted), at least from the information I could find. So it shouldn't be necessary to restore PRODINFO.
See: https://gbatemp.net/threads/error-2123-0011-0x167b.643562/#post-10298160
In my mind, this crash is a good thing, since it informs you that your DNS blocking is not set up/not working.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
If your SysNAND still have original PRODINFO, you can use Incognito RCM (the latest version moded to support 17 fw https://github.com/s0t7x/Incognito_RCM_Mod/releases/tag/v0.6.1.sm ) to backup the PRODINFO.bin of sysnand, and rename it to restore on EmuNAND.
Post automatically merged:

Another option is make a full backup is the use of NxNandManager.exe on the EmuNAND
Post automatically merged:

Sorry this last get cut. The idea is:

On hekate make backup of your SysNAND, copy it to pc
Using NxNandManager extract PRODINFO.BIN decrypted

On your EmuNAND also using NxNandManager restore the PRODINFO

Even you can do it without making the backup, using hekate you can mount SysNAND and EmuNAND as drives on your pc and NxNandManager can use them:

https://github.com/eliboa/NxNandManager#sysnand-or-emunand-via-hekate

BUT ALWAYS HAVE CURRENT SYSNAND BACUKUP.

Last edited by impeeza,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch