1. kassio69

OP kassio69 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Correct. Don't install/run NSP on the clean NAND.

2. scandal_uk

scandal_uk Not Really There

United Kingdom
    I get that - I was more concerned if there were NSPs (installed from the dirty NAND) on the SD data partition.

I'm thinking that it's probably best not to install NSPs to the SD data partition if that space is shared by both clean and dirty NANDs...

3. kassio69

Newcomer

Brazil
    All my NSP were installed to the SD data partition from the dirty emuMMC.
    And I also have lots of homebrew on that partition.
    Until now there's no problem going online in the clean emuMMC.
    You shouldn't install/run NSP/homebrew from the clean emuMMC.

Last edited by kassio69, Jun 5, 2020
    scandal_uk likes this.
  4. Testrak

Testrak Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Is it possible for either emuMMC1 = RAW1 or emusMMC2 = RAW2 to be bigger than 29856 MB?

5. kassio69

Newcomer

Brazil
    I'm not sure but I think you can set higher values for the emuMMC partitions when formatting the SD card.
    29856 MB would be the minimum necessary to flash a NAND in its original size?
    Higher values would be, however, just a waste of your SD card space (the NAND's usable space hasn't been changed).

If you want more NAND space you must edit its USER partition size.
    The only way I know for doing that is using Nx NAND Manager (https://github.com/eliboa/NxNandManager).
    Obviously this will make the size of your emuMMC partitions also have to be bigger.

But:

- I can't tell if that's a bannable behavior (problably not)
    - In my opinion it would be more useful to decrease the USER partition size to the mininum possible (1 GB is problably more than enough) and use the extra SD card space (more than 20 GB per emuMMC) for NSP/homebrew.

If you have the guts to try it tell us here!

Last edited by kassio69, Jun 5, 2020
  6. illest

illest Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello im on dd.exe step and i get this message when i do the dd prompt "Error native opening file: 0 The operation completed successfully" is this what its suppose to say?

7. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Italy
    a question here:

I've lost my clean nand (the vergin one created the 1st time i launched Hekate) due to HDD reformatting, is there still any methods to create a clean nand for online?

I have never connected Switch online, and only use choidujournx from 3.0.1.

Last edited by leon315, Jun 18, 2020
  8. kassio69

Newcomer

Brazil
    As I used the dd command in Linux I can't help you here.
    But a quick Google search shows that something isn't right.
    Here's a possible solution: https://serverfault.com/questions/321473/dev-zero-equivalent-in-windows

How many burnt fuses do you have?
    Check it using Hekate.

9. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Italy
    my switch comes with 3.0.1 FW , always been used choidoujou, so none were burnt so far.

10. kassio69

Newcomer

Brazil
    This is the expected number of burnt fuses according to your firmware:

1.0.0 = 1
    2.0.0-2.3.0 = 2
    3.0.0 = 3
    3.0.1-3.0.2 = 4
    4.0.0-4.1.0 = 5
    5.0.0-5.1.0 = 6
    6.0.0-6.1.0 = 7
    6.2.0 = 8
    7.0.0-8.0.1 = 9
    8.1.0 = 10
    9.0.0-9.0.1 = 11
    9.1.0-9.2.0 = 12
    10.0.0-10.0.4 = 13

Would you mind to check using Hekate?
    IF you have 4 burnt fuses (3.0.1) and IF you never went online with this NAND you can safely factory reset you Switch.
    There's your virgin 3.0.1 NAND, DejaVu ready!

leon315 likes this.
  11. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Italy
    thanks, man, now i remember that my Switch has based FW 3.0.0 then i updated long time ago to 3.0.1 using Mario odyssey's card, then i should have 4 efuse burnt, i will post later the result of check, when i take off.
    Can i back up all saves before factory reset then restore then later?

Last edited by leon315, Jun 19, 2020
  12. kassio69

Newcomer

Brazil
    Backup your saves before the factory reset.
    I suggest you restore them only in the dirty emuMMC.

leon315 likes this.
  13. Jhonfer21

Jhonfer21 Newbie
    Newcomer

Colombia
    Does this process still work? No problem if I update the latest official version of nintendo in clean emummc? Currently my switch is in 4.0.1 sysnand stock, I want to get ready to play official online, as they announced apex legends

14. illest

illest Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So when you said you updated via offical nintendo servers for the clean emunand you updated via system settings correct?

15. Sparky076

Sparky076 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey. New to this whole emuMMC thing and I got a few questions I hope can be answered.. I have a Switch, OFW 4.1.0 right now, with a clean NAND. fusee gelee exploit works on it. Here are my questions.

1) If I patch in a clean emuMMC through a game cart or Nintendo servers, will that burn the fuses in the consoles?

2) Should I worry about fuses being burnt in the console?

Edit: I have a lot more questions now.

3) When making the 2 separate partitions for emuMMC1 and emuMMC2, what should the File System be? Obviously not FAT32. Should it be Linux Swap? Using Disk Genius if that helps.

4) If I make emuMMC1 my "Clean NAND", and install official games through it, where is that data saved? For example. I have a 1TB microSD card. 895.2GB allocated to FAT32. 29856MB, or 29.2GB for emuMMC1, and another 29856MB, or 29.2GB, allocated for emuMMC2. Homebrew applications and software would need to be installed on the FAT32 partition, but what about official Nintendo games. Where would they go? Would they too be on the FAT32 partition?

5) When you say that BOOT0/1 and rawnand must be joined, how can I do that on Windows 10? I have rawnand in 16 parts, and I also have it combined into a single rawnand file as well. Should I used the combined rawnand or the split rawnand files?

6) You said I had to "flash" the emummc.bin file to the 3rd partition, emuMMC2, using "dd". What is "dd"? Is it the same as the "ddrelease64.exe" that you mentioned, or is it something else? I'm guessing you do this through Windows.

7) If I want to do Raid Den hacking in Pokemon Sword and Shield, how would I be able to go online and not get banned? Would I play my legit copy of the Pokemon games (I have the game carts), on my clean emuMMC, save it, boot into my dirty emuMMC, grab the save data, edit it, and replace it, then boot back into the clean emuMMC and go back online with the hacked data?

Last edited by Sparky076, Jun 21, 2020
  16. Jhonfer21

Jhonfer21 Newbie
    Newcomer

Colombia
    the emummc.bin file where I get it from. in the backup that hekate leaves me, no emummc.bin appears only boot0, bot1 and rawnand.bin00-14
    ?

Attached Files:

17. kassio69

Newcomer

Brazil
    Yes, it still works. Update the clean emuMMC as if it was your real NAND. With a 4.0.1 real NAND you can use DejaVu.

Yes.

Your questions are already answered on the first post, you just need to pay more attention..

1. No, fuses are burnt only when you update and reinitialize your real NAND (here we are updating emulated NANDs).

2. No, read above.

3. The 1st partition shoul be FAT32. The 2nd (emuMMC1) and 3rd (emuMMC2) partitions can have any extension, as they will be overwritten.

4. Games are installed on the NAND itself or on the SD card. In the second case they will be in the first partition, but hidden from your access. Games installed using one emuMMC won't be accessible on the other.

5. Combined. You can combine splitted files with:
    https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases/download/v5.3.0/joiner_scripts_for_windows_linux_macos.zip

6. Google says: "dd is a command-line utility for Unix and Unix-like operating systems whose primary purpose is to convert and copy files".
    In this case dd is being used to flash/backup specific partitions to/from the SD card.
    I explained how to use it on Linux and Windows, it's your choice.

7. I recommend not juggling with saved games among the emuMMCs, because there is potential for banning.
    Editing, replacing, etc is totally safe on the dirty emuMMC.

Read answer number 5 above.

Last edited by kassio69, Jun 22, 2020
  18. Jhonfer21

Jhonfer21 Newbie
    Newcomer

Colombia
    Thank you very much for answering my concerns. I am new but little by little I learn more. . I have a doubt is that my sd information does not appear well. I can't find partition 3 ..

eh I do the partitions by minitool partition, I don't have how to do them any other way

Attached Files:

• cap.png
      cap.png
      File size:
      34.5 KB
      Views:
  19. Jhonfer21

Jhonfer21 Newbie
    Newcomer

Colombia
    my other question is can i perform the process from hekate creating the 3 partitions 1 with fat32. and 2 raw partitions. and I create the 2 emummc. with one using clean emummc with official nintendo updates and the other with choidjurn for nsp? or does it necessarily have to be copying the backup files with dd ...?

20. kassio69

Newcomer

Brazil
    It seems you already have 3 partitions in "Disco 1", now you have to identify them correctly.
    I can't help much in this step if you use Windows, try following the first post instructions with attention.

I wrote this tutorial before Hekate had the option to create / manage partitions, so I can't say for sure.
    If it is possible to create three partitions, the first being FAT32 and the other two copies of the real (virgin) NAND, it should work.
    And in this case you can even choose which of the emuMMC will be the clean / dirty one.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - including, restoring, Multiple