1. Jhonfer21

Jhonfer21 Member
    Newcomer

Colombia
    In the end I couldn't do the memory format. (I think it is failing) my question is to do hekate emumc with SD FILE. having the 2 emummc.
    since the files remain in memory. Can I officially go through the upgrade process for a clean Nintendo console? and the other emummc with pirate games. ? I don't want my original system to be banned or updated WhatsApp Image 2020-06-22 at 1.45.20 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-06-22 at 1.43.39 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2020-06-22 at 1.44.51 PM.jpeg

2. kassio69

OP kassio69 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    It doesn't matter if you use SD raw partitions or SD file based (when I wrote the tutorial the latter was not recommended).
    If you’re flashing a really clean NAND it’s okay to update in the official way.
    Just don't forget to do a new backup then, and only use the NAND with the original firmware to create dirty emuMMCs from now on.

3. PSxed

PSxed GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I'm trying to find a way to create two emunand partitions on my 512gb. One for my 5 year old son and one for me. Since Nintendo doesn't offer seperate user accounts, this seems like the next perfect option. Thanks for the guide!

kassio69 likes this.
  4. Andalitez

Andalitez GBAtemp Fan

United States
    File based partitions are now working really well.
    Have you considered creating two of those?

5. PSxed

PSxed GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    They do? No i haven't, since my switch knowledge is still stuck in 2019 and i was assuming that a file based system wasn't an option. Thanks for the heads up, gonna experiment with that later tonight.

6. smoothie_time

smoothie_time Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    How did you originally set up cfw? I am thinking about buying a unpatched switch and I am kinda new to this. How would I go about setting up cfw to then run two EmuMMC's?

7. PSxed

PSxed GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    @kassio69 I have it somewhat working thanks to your guide. I only have a slight problem and that is that i can't boot a specific emummc partition using my own hekate_ipl.ini config.

I have to pick the either one of the partitions through the hekate "emmumc" option. And after that both options in my hekate_ipl.ini will boot that specific emummc i've chosen.

Any idea what the problem is? I already tried deleting the "emummc.ini" that is generated when picking an emummc partition. I thought it was maybe overruling my hekate ini but it isn't.

My hekate_ipl.ini is as follow:
    Code:
    [config]
    autoboot=0
    autoboot_list=0
    autohosoff=0
    autonogc=0
    backlight=100
    bootwait=3
    updater2p=0
    verification=1

[Son]
    emummcforce=1
    emupath=emuMMC/RAW1
    payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin
    icon=bootloader/res/atmosphere.bmp
    logopath=bootloader/bootlogo.bmp

[Psxed]
    emummcforce=1
    emupath=emuMMC/RAW2
    icon=bootloader/res/atmosphere.bmp
    logopath=bootloader/bootlogo.bmp

8. smoothie_time

smoothie_time Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    does the sysnand have to be clean?
    or would you delete the cfw after you got two emummc?

Last edited by smoothie_time, Sep 14, 2020
  9. kassio69

Newcomer

Brazil
    That's strange, it was fixed on Hekate 5.2.1. Read here:
    https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/issues/401
    https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/issues/421

And as the dev commented: "The emupath= overrides the emummc.ini in ram".

Are you using latest Hekate?
    Are you sure you are really booting the same emuMMC?
    Try changing the background color in one of them and test it.
    The SD card contents (homebrews, general files) will be the same but that doesn't mean you are running the same emuMMC.

10. PSxed

PSxed GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I picked two different user profile images so that i didn't get confused. But it's showing the exact behaviour i wrote in my other post. I'll try again later tonight since now i'm sure that emummc.ini should do nothing if there is an emupath declerated in my hekate ini. I reinstalled my whole switch last sunday with Atmoshpere 0.14.2 and Hekate 5.3.2. I see that there have been minor version updates in the meantime.

Do you see anything wrong with my ini file? The only difference i see is that i'm not ending them with empty brackets {} like you did in the OP. Currently at work so i can't test it out now but i don't think an empty object should make a difference.

edit: funny i just read issue 421 where CTCaer states the following:

"As you can see, I also added emummcforce=1.
    In case something goes wrong or the folders get deleted, this disallows hekate to continue.
    Useful when you don't want to automatically boot in sysnand CFW if emummc is not found.".

When i delete emummc.ini i boot into sysnand when selecting one of my two emummc options. I'm stating emummcforce=1 so that shouldn't happen, but it does. I think there is something wrong with my ini.

Last edited by PSxed, Sep 18, 2020
  11. kassio69

Newcomer

Brazil
    Try adding those brackets and tell me later, I don't see anything else wrong.
    Did you check on System if you are really running the real sysnand x an emuMMC?

12. kassio69

Newcomer

Brazil
    Did you read the OP?

13. PSxed

PSxed GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    @kassio69 I finally had some time to try and solve my problem. First thing i did was updating Atmosphere and Hekate to the latest version. After that i modified my ini to the following:
    Code:
    [Son]
    emupath=emuMMC/RAW1
    emummcforce=1
    {}

[Psxed]
    emupath=emuMMC/RAW2
    emummcforce=1
    {}

Still the same problem. My boot config only respects the emummc that i manually set in Hekate. After browsing Gbatemp i found some new sigpatches that are compatible with the fusee-secondary payload. This way i can use fss0 as my boot option. I changed my ini to the following:
    Code:
    [Son]
    fss0=bootloader/payloads/fusee-secondary.bin
    emupath=emuMMC/RAW1
    emummcforce=1
    {}

[Psxed]
    fss0=bootloader/payloads/fusee-secondary.bin
    emupath=emuMMC/RAW2
    emummcforce=1
    {}

Tada and now it's working perfectly. I still don't have a clue why the first method doesn't work? A minor setback but atleast i have it running now. Thank you very much for the guide. If you have a Paypal address i'll treat you to a beer lol.

Last edited by PSxed, Sep 18, 2020
  14. kassio69

Newcomer

Brazil
    That's odd..

In my case the clean emuMMC only boots with "fss0=bootloader/payloads/fusee-secondary.bin", but the dirty emuMMC is ok with "payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin".
    I see no reason for you not to be able to boot any of the emuMMC with fusee-primary.

Well, problably that's not a big problem.. only limitation I can think of is that you'll be unable to use Tinfoil.

I would still check a couple of things:
    - If your bootloader > payloads > fusee-primary.bin is really the latest one (same version of your Atmosphere)
    - If you are using only the latest fusee-primary sigpatches (https://gbatemp.net/attachments/ams-sigpatches-0-14-4-cfw-10-2-0-zip.225147/)
    *** Delete older versions of the sigpatches
    *** I also keep the "default_nogc" patches from latest Atmosphere on my SD card (don't know if that matters)

If you get it to work I'll accept the beer!

15. nexis

nexis Newbie
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Hi, thanks for your great tutorial. I've got a question regarding the atmosphere config. You mention to use a 'pure' atmosphere & hekate. The 'pure' atmosphere config still contains commented lines, which means no configured settings. Is that fine for online usage? Or do we need some things there configured?

16. kassio69

Newcomer

Brazil
    I meant pure and not a "packaged" version of it (Kosmos, BPack, Deep Sea, etc).
    It' ok to go online with the default Atmosphere config.

These two lines on system_settings.ini are useful:

[atmosphere]
    power_menu_reboot_function = str!payload
    enable_deprecated_hid_mitm = u8!0x1

And these two on exosphere.ini (the reason is explained on the original post):

[exosphere]
    blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=0
    blank_prodinfo_emummc=0

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - including, restoring, Multiple