Hacking I accidentally updated my firmware to 11.0.0

dytri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, tried booting from the fusee-primary payload directly and through hekate. No luck :(
Tbh... I think its an issue with my prodinfo, since I was using HacDiskMount a while ago (see if I could downgrade). Feels like it was tamped with since I can get every key to sync up but the keys located for prodinfo. It never add ups, these were keys generated with hekate.

Only reason that leads me to believe that is because many people that foolishly mess with their prodinfo (by deleting it, in most cases) causes their switch to get at the nintendo logo upon boot. I tired every method to boot it past that and no luck, no matter what.
You never made a sysnand backup?

For prodinfo, you'll need to study this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-unbricking-guide-prodinfo-fix-pikafix.578026/

Sadly, I never did and that is a mistake that will follow me for years..
I never seen that thread you link to me before, so I'll look into that right now.
....See what I can find that will help me.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, I never did and that is a mistake that will follow me for years..
I never seen that thread you link to me before, so I'll look into that right now.
....See what I can find that will help me.
Just do what they say and make a backup right NOW. Nevermind that it *might* be bricked, but the prodinfo fix will definitely wipe all of your stuff. You'll want to figure out how to recover it in the future (if you perhaps have legit downloads from the shop, you'll want your tickets and title keys, and then there's save files)

dytri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just do what they say and make a backup right NOW. Nevermind that it *might* be bricked, but the prodinfo fix will definitely wipe all of your stuff. You'll want to figure out how to recover it in the future (if you perhaps have legit downloads from the shop, you'll want your tickets and title keys, and then there's save files)

If I was to mount/open "SYSTEM” with HacDiskMount, would I also be able to back up and (restore some of my user information. Like save files, legit digital downloads, title keys and tickets) copy all the content within my SYSTEM folder to another location for later use?

Edit: Alright, I tried following the guide exactly step by step... and I STILL get stuck on the Nintendo logo even worst...
The screen goes black the moment it shows the logo when I boot up Stock :(
I just have fucking bad luck with this switch. Might as well cut my loses and throw this shit away.

Last edited by dytri,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I was to mount/open "SYSTEM” with HacDiskMount, would I also be able to back up and (restore some of my user information. Like save files, legit digital downloads, title keys and tickets) copy all the content within my SYSTEM folder to another location for later use?

Edit: Alright, I tried following the guide exactly step by step... and I STILL get stuck on the Nintendo logo even worst...
The screen goes black the moment it shows the logo when I boot up Stock :(
I just have fucking bad luck with this switch. Might as well cut my loses and throw this shit away.
Did you try initializing the system?

HoldenCaulfield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I accidentally updated to 12.0.1 and now when I want to start the Atmosphere, I get only the Atmosphere Logo on the screen for a few seconds, and then the screen turn gray. When I turn the switch off, I have to push the button for a few seconds, the display flash three times and then the Switch is off. In the OFW I can still boot, but not anymore in the CFW.
I'm completely new in that (but I learn fast), and I fear that I would need to backup my whole sd card (512GB) that space I actually don't have on my computer. Isn't there any easier solution? Without losing all installed games, games-saves or homebrew-applications??? I really hope that someone can want to help me!

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally updated to 12.0.1 and now when I want to start the Atmosphere, I get only the Atmosphere Logo on the screen for a few seconds, and then the screen turn gray. When I turn the switch off, I have to push the button for a few seconds, the display flash three times and then the Switch is off. In the OFW I can still boot, but not anymore in the CFW.
I'm completely new in that (but I learn fast), and I fear that I would need to backup my whole sd card (512GB) that space I actually don't have on my computer. Isn't there any easier solution? Without losing all installed games, games-saves or homebrew-applications??? I really hope that someone can want to help me!
Don't know why you'd resurrect a thread from last year to ask this but the answer is to download the newest atmosphere ZIP and extract it to your SD card, replacing any files it asks. Then you're good to boot CFW again.

HoldenCaulfield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Don't know why you'd resurrect a thread from last year to ask this but the answer is to download the newest atmosphere ZIP and extract it to your SD card, replacing any files it asks. Then you're good to boot CFW again.

Sorry, but I'm completely new in all that stuff. I just found this article here and thought I could write under it. I apologize for that!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sorry, but I'm completely new in all that stuff. I just found this article here and thought I could write under it. I apologize for that!
You also need to update your sig patches which are different depending on whether you're booting fusee-primary or fusee-secondary (through Hekate)
And update Hekate if you use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy