Atmosphere doesn't work after updating Switch to 17.01

tralalaaaaaa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bermuda
I updated Atmosphere, Hekate and the syspatches to the latest versions then booted Atmosphere on the sysNAND and it worked as usual. Then I updated to 17.01 by downloading it locally from an unhacked Switch and all of a sudden only the sysNAND without Atmosphere still works. If I try loading Atmosphere it just displays a black screen. How to fix this? I have a NAND backup on my SD card. If I need to restore this NAND backup can I backup my save data first?

More specifically I load Hekate, touch "Launch" then touch either "SYSCFW" (not working) or "STOCK" (working).

I'm using an OLED Switch with a HYFLY modchip. The micro SD card is formatted to FAT32.

Last edited by tralalaaaaaa,

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Do you have anything in your atmosphere\contents folder? If you do then try to remove it or Rename the folder
You can also try using fusee.bin as payload

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

tralalaaaaaa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bermuda
Do you have anything in your atmosphere\contents folder? If you do then try to remove it or Rename the folder
You can also try using fusee.bin as payload
I tried renaming the folder to "contents(disabled)" and nothing changed.

I then tried a fresh install of Atmosphere, Hekate and nothing else on a different physical SD card formatted to exFAT. When I touch "Launch" it says "No main boot entries found..." When I touch "Payloads" then load fusee.bin it loads, displays the Atmosphere blue screen, displays the white Atmosphere logo with a black background then goes to a black screen again.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I tried renaming the folder to "contents(disabled)" and nothing changed.

I then tried a fresh install of Atmosphere, Hekate and nothing else on a different physical SD card formatted to exFAT. When I touch "Launch" it says "No main boot entries found..." When I touch "Payloads" then load fusee.bin it loads, displays the Atmosphere blue screen, displays the white Atmosphere logo with a black background then goes to a black screen again.
why ExFat, use a FAT32 SD Card.

Reactions: JaiJey

tralalaaaaaa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bermuda
why ExFat, use a FAT32 SD Card.
Just because my PC only gave me the options of NTFS or exFAT. I'll take the extra step to use a FAT32 SD card but don't think it will make a difference.
Where you grab the firmware from?
I updated my unhacked Switch normally then downloaded the firmware locally from my unhacked Switch to my hacked OLED Switch.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because my PC only gave me the options of NTFS or exFAT. I'll take the extra step to use a FAT32 SD card but don't think it will make a difference.

I updated my unhacked Switch normally then downloaded the firmware locally from my unhacked Switch to my hacked OLED Switch.

That isn't what people normally would do, people would use daybreak to flash the firmware, you got any NAND backup?

Kinos

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Had similar problem the other day.

Are you using OC Suite to overclock your switch ? If so you need to update your loader.kip file.

Reactions: one-piece

tralalaaaaaa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bermuda
Format the card back to FAT32, and redownload Atmosphere and Hekate files.
It will, if your sdcard corrupts
I tried another fresh install of Atmosphere, Hekate and nothing else with a FAT32 SD card and now it's working. Something on my SD card seems to cause an incompatibility when using both the latest versions of Atmosphere and Switch firmware,
Had similar problem the other day.

Are you using OC Suite to overclock your switch ? If so you need to update your loader.kip file.
Yes. I'll look into it later.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried another fresh install of Atmosphere, Hekate and nothing else with a FAT32 SD card and now it's working. Something on my SD card seems to cause an incompatibility when using both the latest versions of Atmosphere and Switch firmware,

Yes. I'll look into it later.

Something got corrupted, like what @linuxares said.

Kinos

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Something on my SD card seems to cause an incompatibility when using both the latest versions of Atmosphere and Switch firmware,
Yes, your loader.kip that was in /atmosphere/kips. It is loaded when starting up Atmosphere for OC Suite to function. But the older version is incompatible with latest firmware. Hence the black screen when trying to start Atmosphere from Hekate.

Your fresh install works because your new hekate_ipl.ini (in /bootloader) does not contain the line that tries to load loader.kip

Basicaly all you needed was to update OC Suite.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

exFat is printer to corruptions, the decisions installation if the firmware DO NOT INSTALL exfat driver so that can be the problem

Use fat32gui on windows: (https://gbatemp.net/download/gui-format.33869/) or even Hekate's NYX to format for card Fat32

tralalaaaaaa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bermuda
Yes, your loader.kip that was in /atmosphere/kips. It is loaded when starting up Atmosphere for OC Suite to function. But the older version is incompatible with latest firmware. Hence the black screen when trying to start Atmosphere from Hekate.

Your fresh install works because your new hekate_ipl.ini (in /bootloader) does not contain the line that tries to load loader.kip

Basicaly all you needed was to update OC Suite.
Thank you. Problem fucking solved.

• Wow
Reactions: impeeza

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Have you ever hidden/deleted your switch's serial number? Today, I updated CFW in someone's switch because they can't do it Every time after updating the firmware on emunand via daybrake atmosphere, I received an error. I had to fiddle around to make the error go away. And the problem was the hidden serial number of this switch.

tralalaaaaaa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bermuda
I updated the Telsa menu and everything inside of it and all of a sudden every game except Mario Kart fails to boot. It's probably a problem with something which doesn't support 32 bit games, which is why Mario Kart still works, but I can't be fucked with it anymore.
Have you ever hidden/deleted your switch's serial number? Today, I updated CFW in someone's switch because they can't do it Every time after updating the firmware on emunand via daybrake atmosphere, I received an error. I had to fiddle around to make the error go away. And the problem was the hidden serial number of this switch.
Not that I know of.

jochemdu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll take the extra step to use a FAT32 SD card but don't think it will make a difference.
It will, if your sdcard corrupts
Yep, I used Exfat for 3 years or so and then it corrupted after a game crash. If i opened anything after booting then it crashed.
Luckily i could just read the hidden partition to PC en then to another SDcard formatted as FAT. So all is well.

Reactions: Ligeia

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yep, I used Exfat for 3 years or so and then it corrupted after a game crash. If i opened anything after booting then it crashed.
Luckily i could just read the hidden partition to PC en then to another SDcard formatted as FAT. So all is well.
Same here, my exFAT SD card corrupted after 1 or 2 years and games got randomly deleted/corrupted... Been using FAT32 ever since and everything's fine.

Don't use exFAT !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto