All games corrupted after backing up my sd card, formatting it then putting back all the files.

Tofutuesdays

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lebanon
I was installing android and got it to work and had to format to FAT32, I then messed around with android and decided to just remove it and go back to normal. I formatted back to ExFAT and copied all my data back to the sd card. Now all the games have been corrupted. Any help?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Exfat is not recommended on the Switch because it will easily get corrupted. It might be that your SD card is corrupt or that you don't have exfat drivers in HOS. If you still have the backup on your computer then format the sd card as fat32 and copy the files back. If you don't have the backup anymore then make a new copy of all the files before you format the sd card and hope that they are not corrupt.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I was installing android and got it to work and had to format to FAT32, I then messed around with android and decided to just remove it and go back to normal. I formatted back to ExFAT and copied all my data back to the sd card. Now all the games have been corrupted. Any help?
Why ExFAT? EVERY GUIDE OUT THERE TELL YOU TO USE FAT32 for your SD Card.

In this case you are missing the sigpatches, install sys-patch sysmodule and enable it.

Reactions: Blythe93

Tofutuesdays

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lebanon
Exfat is not recommended on the Switch because it will easily get corrupted. It might be that your SD card is corrupt or that you don't have exfat drivers in HOS. If you still have the backup on your computer then format the sd card as fat32 and copy the files back. If you don't have the backup anymore then make a new copy of all the files before you format the sd card and hope that they are not corrupt.
Ive been using ExFat before all this and everything worked perfect. The reason i switched back to ExFat is because theres a stupid limitation which prevents me from moving files more than 4gbs to my sdcard on Fat32. Anyway to bypass this?

Reactions: impeeza

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ive been using ExFat before all this and everything worked perfect. The reason i switched back to ExFat is because theres a stupid limitation which prevents me from moving files more than 4gbs to my sdcard on Fat32. Anyway to bypass this?

Yes. Don't copy the files to your sd card. Use your PC and DBI MTP Responder feature to install games.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
You never need to copy files bigger than 4GB to you SD Card if you are installing NSP or XCI do not copy the file to your card, send via MTP or network using a installer like DBI

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo