Hacking Hypothetically, would there ever be a way to have unrestricted PS3 remote play?

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
With the advent of Henkaku, would it perhaps be possible to ever play any PS3 game via remote play on the Vita? I know both systems have the capability to use remote play, but it's limited to like, 5 games total. Could Henkaku bypass this? Or would the PS3 need to have CFW for it to hypothetically work?

Zenior_X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
With the advent of Henkaku, would it perhaps be possible to ever play any PS3 game via remote play on the Vita? I know both systems have the capability to use remote play, but it's limited to like, 5 games total. Could Henkaku bypass this? Or would the PS3 need to have CFW for it to hypothetically work?
Well, you can extend the number of games that can be used by changing the param.sfo if I don't remember bad. But you need a CFW installed in you PS3 to do it. And this method doesn't work for every game, even changing the param will not always work.

Last edited by Zenior_X,
Reactions: Chary

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes you can edit the param.sfo with an editor, but some games wouldn't even run, it would reboot back to XMB. Some games would have problems running on remote play like Resonance of Fate, the twin sticks wouldn't work so you can't do any shit during battles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1