Hacking [HOWTO] Use OOT Exploit on SKY3DS/Non Working Carts

billiedekidd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Sorry for a n00b question.
I've done all the steps using sky3ds to run OOT and then also finished format emunand (in gateway mode)
But, i have an issue, when i tried to update my emunand (my n3ds original 9.0.20U), it kept give me error update. Any solution please? Thanks

qproject

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for a n00b question.
I've done all the steps using sky3ds to run OOT and then also finished format emunand (in gateway mode)
But, i have an issue, when i tried to update my emunand (my n3ds original 9.0.20U), it kept give me error update. Any solution please? Thanks

To update emunand, update from Settings > System update. Make sure you see GW3D in front of firmware and never exit settings or it will boot you back to original firmware.

billiedekidd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
To update emunand, update from Settings > System update. Make sure you see GW3D in front of firmware and never exit settings or it will boot you back to original firmware.

Thanks for the info qproject...
I did see GW3D in front of the fw, but each time i tried to update, it comes back with error and the the n3ds reboot (i tried twice so far).
Is it safe to update the emunand for n3ds?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The first of the EUR saves worked fine on my OoT cartridge :)
Finally I can ditch my old XL.

I did see GW3D in front of the fw, but each time i tried to update, it comes back with error and the the n3ds reboot (i tried twice so far).
Put the n3DS in sleep mode and let it download the update in the background.
Then once you get the update prompt, press B to cancel out of it, and go to system settings and update normally.
That usually works for people having problems.

qproject

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Firmware 9.5 is working on emunand. Whats the error message you get?

billiedekidd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
The first of the EUR saves worked fine on my OoT cartridge :)
Finally I can ditch my old XL.

Put the n3DS in sleep mode and let it download the update in the background.
Then once you get the update prompt, press B to cancel out of it, and go to system settings and update normally.
That usually works for people having problems.

Wow, that's a nica info too... Will try that later when i get better connection -if- the usual method didn't work :)

Doc-Ziggy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
tried to use Doc-Ziggy tutorial but the hxD part isn't working for me

what stumped you about the HxD part?
warning - images:
Step 1 - Open the HxD with the 2 saves,
on the AQEP save go to offset 58
6hz3Pd1.png

(look at where the cursor is - right after the last FF)

Step 2 - Select all the way from that point until the end:
rIOfFKe.png

(see how it's selected all the way from block 58-up until the end at 100057

Step 3 - go to your other save, go to offset 58:
o489Qd5.png

(same thing as step #1, also your file should have a different CTR_SAVECTR-P-????, i just censored that)

Step 4 - instead of pasting it with Ctrl-V(Paste Insert), Paste with Ctrl-B(Paste Write):
Q8IPXnV.png

(this will take you to the end of the file and everything from offset 58 onwards will be in red, from there just save the file and load it to the rom using Sky's software )

hope this helps clear up the use of HxD.

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does it mean when only the bottom screen goes white and just hang there?

It's called "The White Screen of Death" (WSoD)
It's a good thing in a way, you've almost got it!

Most likely the only issue is the Micro SD card in the Sky needs to be swapped out.
(Try swapping with the one from inside the 3DS).
Sometimes it's the Micro in the 3DS...and sometimes it's the Sky... other times... it's both.

(Of course the other thing that causes WSoD is not having Launcher.dat on the 3DS's internal SD card...)

errz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Finally..after trying 3rd different Micro SD card.. it works. :lol:

It's called "The White Screen of Death" (WSoD)
It's a good thing in a way, you've almost got it!

Most likely the only issue is the Micro SD card in the Sky needs to be swapped out.
(Try swapping with the one from inside the 3DS).
Sometimes it's the Micro in the 3DS...and sometimes it's the Sky... other times... it's both.

(Of course the other thing that causes WSoD is not having Launcher.dat on the 3DS's internal SD card...)

Reactions: Datalogger

qproject

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LOL.

just to check, after booting to Gateway, Backup System NAND, do i need to backup to PC first before select Format EMUNAND?

am very new to these.

Yes backup your NAND.BIN to PC. After that format emunand. When you update your emunand, make sure you see GW3D in fron of your firmware in settings. Always update in Settings > System update and never with eShop (except for games update but not firmware). Don't exit settings once your in GW mode or it will boot you out of GW mode.

Reactions: Datalogger

errz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I backup System NAND and without transferring to PC, i went to format EMUNAND. will that screw up anything? can i backup the System NAND again?

Yes backup your NAND.BIN to PC. After that format emunand. When you update your emunand, make sure you see GW3D in fron of your firmware in settings. Always update in Settings > System update and never with eShop (except for games update but not firmware). Don't exit settings once your in GW mode or it will boot you out of GW mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work