How you clear your mind at night?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I actually suffer from extremely horrible insomnia, which is why I work nights. In the day I am just so tired from working nights that I end up passing out pretty easily without much thought going on up there.

Reactions: ThoD

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm leaving this as more of an open ended thread that people drop in their own ways of handling it but I am kinda curious as to how others handle this.

How do you clear your mind as you wind down to rest for the next day?

More an more of lately at the time of posting I've been having issues with my mind simply being in a never ending rush of thought. This of course makes it an absolute nightmare to try and fall asleep at night and so it has lead me here to inquire on how the rest of those on the forum handle this.
I let go control and let my brain do whatever it wants. Watch that rush of thoughts, rather than thinking about them. Sometimes visualizing a room of nothingness can help get the ball rolling.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
pills help, ask ur doc.
I did take some pills before, but kept sleeping through my alarm and ending up late for work a lot.
Working nights just ended up being the better way of dealing with it. I don't sleep well at night, but I've always slept well in the day.

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did take some pills before, but kept sleeping through my alarm and ending up late for work a lot.
Working nights just ended up being the better way of dealing with it. I don't sleep well at night, but I've always slept well in the day.
have you tried meletonan? it's not a prescription drug so it should be a lot tamer.

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had issues with sleeping early since my early adolescence. I never bounced back to a normal sleep schedule fully. I prefer working 3rd shift, or night shift, but as luck has it, I'm stuck with 1st shift job. the way I have been sleeping since I've started this job is a little toke and some music lmao use my bluetooth speaker that way I don't lay in headphones and sleep to some calming music, whatever that may be

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
have you tried meletonan? it's not a prescription drug so it should be a lot tamer.
I have tried pretty much everything, the only thing that helps isn't legal just yet.

Reactions: VinsCool

sven7777

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slightly different question than OP - anyone have any tricks for falling back asleep in the middle of the night? I can usually fall asleep, but usually I wake up several hours earlier than I wish and I can't get back to sleep due to busy-brain

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Slightly different question than OP - anyone have any tricks for falling back asleep in the middle of the night? I can usually fall asleep, but usually I wake up several hours earlier than I wish and I can't get back to sleep due to busy-brain
I just don't care or stress and go back to sleep
Sometimes i go take a piss or have a fap

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Watch YouTube or shows in the dark on minimum brightness. You'll be sleepy after a while.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I usually browse some internet on my phone for a few minutes, and watch some videos, until my eyes feel heavy.

Not the best trick, but it works for me.

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I try my best to get exhausted before the moment of rest before sleeping. If I wasn't active enough I will just run for a while or do some lifting.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Why would I want to clear my mind?

Last thing at night I //sometimes watch long form videos about anything really -- sometimes it is machining, sometimes it is computing, sometimes hacker conferences, sometimes geography/demographics/how the world works, sometimes law, sometimes high concept science and sci fi discussions...
This.
Best to turn autoplay off in case you do fall asleep though.
Not this. Because - never use autoplay, and because even in theory it doesnt matter. (subliminal advertising never was proven to a meaningful extent. ;) )

Last edited by notimp,

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ASMR too. Also White noise (such as washing machines and tumble dryer sounds... don't judge me)

Especially foreign language ASMR (ASMR in my language... welp it doesn't make me fell anything. or sometimes i've got some tingles and relaxation)

Reactions: Jonna

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss our dillions which was a Kroger subsidiary got turned into a juvie court house or something
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, TP? I need TP for my bunghole.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What kind of dictatorship says you can't shop at a grocery store lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I watched them last night, stupid, but still Funny after all these years.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf like bigonya said costs only worth it if you got a big family otherwise you're Walmart bitch
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Its as if Costco only rules on communism.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or for like big cookouts, parties, etc they good to shop, but yea if only one or two in house, Wal-Mart it is. But membership is only like $60 a year so cheap really considering.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Costco cards are global like if you go to another country and can still use it there
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Who needs a passport I got my costco port
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ask yo boyfriend Juan.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's. A Mexico port and I don't want to shop in Mexico
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You don't like donkey hot dogs?
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    What is Costco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wholesale grocery store. Everything is in like 64 packs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ramen bowels are better than ramen cups
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Are those like big sized ramen? Do they look like a
    bowel?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has better girth
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dirt cheap, but its only 5400 rpm. But still be good for music/photo/ etc backup
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My dumb ass was searching for a replacement for my remote using the TVs model number instead of the Model number on the remote still fuck TVs that don't work with universal remotes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    To be fair this seller listsed it working with that TV model
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 I typically just recommend those cheap Nippon America universal remotes, unless the TV isn't a well known brand
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Or try get the OEM remotes from the TV supplier
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Or try get the OEM remotes from the TV supplier