Hardware how?why? wii devices??

The Executor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i've been thinking of getting a wii for a long time but i want to mod it so i can play backup games on it. but how does it work? does the chip allow burnt wii game copies on dvd to be played, or do u download a bunch of wii roms off the internet and put them on a dvd?srry if i'm wrong but i'm just putting the same principle to wii as flashcarts on ds. and what is the best to buy??? plz i am so nwb!!! help!

D

Deleted-119707

do a little searching...
you dont need a modchip.
search bannerbomb. there ARE tutorials.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
There are two ways to play your "legit backups." They are referred to as softmodding and hardmodding. As the names imply, you can mod via software and hardware.

Softmods are very easy, can allow for USB loading, but are limited to 3x disc reading. All you need to do is get one of Waninkoko's many cIOS revisions, and a backup launcher. They can vary from USB loaders to Wiigator's backup launchers.

Generally speaking, hardmods allow 6x speed. The newer "solderless" ones that dongle between the Wii and the drive, however, are limited to 3x, and have the GameCube streaming audio problem. Hardmods tend to be more compatible than softmods.

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay.

1. Hard-modding is recommended in my opinion as it allows users such as your self to play titles with little difficulty as you do not have to mess around with IOS and cIOS. It also allows a better experience as the data is twice as fast, though this mainly affects cutscenes and CGI.
2. On the wii, the games are ISO's not roms and just incase you wanted to ask about where to find any, please dont. It is against the rules and can result in you being banned.
3. If you are looking for a place to buy the chip or get it modded, use my site, Supermodchips, as we are based in Australia.

The Executor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
do u recommend these? Pre-Modified Nintendo Wii with D2pro Installed
Pre-Modified Wii with Wiikey V2 installed
do these run isos??? are these good,the best, bad??
should i get premodified or should i solder myself?

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
Both of these setups will allow you to play backups with little hassle. Both of the modchips are quite reputable and alot of support is able to be found for them. If you do get games though, make sure they are PAL so there are no display issues or incompatability.

The Executor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
supermodchips said:
Both of these setups will allow you to play backups with little hassle. Both of the modchips are quite reputable and alot of support is able to be found for them. If you do get games though, make sure they are PAL so there are no display issues or incompatability.
thx for all of that, what's the difference between the solderless chip and the soldered one(besides it being soldered or not) does the solderless have worse performance than the soldered ones? u said they had to be PAL, i thought they were supposed to be ISOs?

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
For every DVD, they are region settings in them. For Europe and Australia, we have PAL. For America there is NTSC and for Japan there is NTSC-J. They will be called isos but when you download them, make sure that the title of the name has PAL in it.
There are 2 different types of solderless solutions. the first one is when you use a chip that is usually needed to be soldered but it is fitted into a clip that allows you to be able just clip it in. The second one is when a device is clipped between the DVD drive and the rest of the machine. This one is limited to 3x disc reading while the soldered ones (including the clip) run a 6x. The only difference is that 3x will occassionally have display issues while playing movies, in particular Wario Land: The Shake Dimension.

The Executor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
supermodchips said:
For every DVD, they are region settings in them. For Europe and Australia, we have PAL. For America there is NTSC and for Japan there is NTSC-J. They will be called isos but when you download them, make sure that the title of the name has PAL in it.
There are 2 different types of solderless solutions. the first one is when you use a chip that is usually needed to be soldered but it is fitted into a clip that allows you to be able just clip it in. The second one is when a device is clipped between the DVD drive and the rest of the machine. This one is limited to 3x disc reading while the soldered ones (including the clip) run a 6x. The only difference is that 3x will occassionally have display issues while playing movies, in particular Wario Land: The Shake Dimension.
i see, well in that case i'll just be buying the soldered ones,thx

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
softmod using backup launcher - launch from dvd-r discs run at 3x speed

hardmod - launch from dvd-r discs run at 6x speed

SOFTMOD USING USB/SD LOADER LAUNCH FROM .ISO ON USB AT 8x to 48x speed depending on what cios you use

much better off using softmod with usb loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs