Hacking [HOW-TO] Use Scene Dumps with GW 2.2 Online

SilverfalconLP

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry im spanish,im make for my ,one basical batch script for easy mod my romsheader and header.bin,only need edit script for input your personal ID (you can save 4 ids on config )and take on .bat one .3ds our 3dz rom for edit rom header ,our take only header (.bin) and take on bat for edit only this and inject whit gateway rom tool(include on rar)

Im search help the no experience members thanks for tutorial

https://mega.co.nz/#!7UxlXDLK!qeoKJvUyihmsNZNXqavx_lS_92WoV3sQBe2Qu2OOxY4

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone got town visits working on an Animal Crossing rom?
My patched rom seems to work fine online (ie. I can download presents and open town gate). However, whenever someone tries to visit my town, it would stay on saving screen for awhile before giving me "An Error Has Occurred" without specific error code.
I did some research and it seems that genuine carts get this sometimes too...so...I dunno.
Also my patched kid icarus rom goes online without a hitch.

Heien

Trophies
XP
Country
mario kart 7: 1st or launch the second edition already has the 1.1 update?
1st is a (vercion pal/europe):
C2 FA 00 90 00 00 00 00 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff

Didnt work. I started wondering dead or alive header might be the problem. Anyone tried patching mk7 rev1 and got it working?

hypertek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, i used my loz albw header on acnl , edited the cart info correctly, now when i start the game, i get save data corruption from my old save, the game will attempt to reformat it and create a new one, but it basically sticks on that screen. Any way to manually clear that? I cant find the old save on the sd card.

kevin_1351

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Line 1200 in hex.

No, not necessarily. You can use public headers to make your roms work online. HOWEVER, every header contains a unique ID, which MAY or MAY NOT be tracked by nintendo (which may or may not be used to ban you from online at a later date)

The purpose of using a retail dump of your own is so you can get a unique ID of your own. So others won't go online with it at the same time as you. Thus maybe hopefully avoid a possible future ban.

Sorry but about the title, where exactly? The header bin has no title so do I have to dump something else from the rom or what? Could I basically change the game title to whatever I want?

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry but about the title, where exactly? The header bin has no title so do I have to dump something else from the rom or what? Could I basically change the game title to whatever I want?
You lost me...What do you mean by title?
I thought you meant where you can find the unique id in a rom file.

kevin_1351

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
So it would show up as a different game on play log or something? Don't think we can do that yet...

Nono, that's not the same title, that's server-side and tied with the Game-ID I believe.

I meant the local title visible in the OSD of gateway or in the FW itselfm when you look at the inserted cartrige. With card2 games the only way to play with multiple saves is to have more copies of the game. That's why i'd like to change the title, because as of now they look the same of course.

Omer

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone got town visits working on an Animal Crossing rom?
My patched rom seems to work fine online (ie. I can download presents and open town gate). However, whenever someone tries to visit my town, it would stay on saving screen for awhile before giving me "An Error Has Occurred" without specific error code.
I did some research and it seems that genuine carts get this sometimes too...so...I dunno.
Also my patched kid icarus rom goes online without a hitch.

Hi , my Animal crossing rom works well online with no problem

Reactions: kevin_1351

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just modified the header of my Bravely default rom to use the ID of one of my other games, and now my save file is not recognized! Is there a way to use a save from a scene dump on a header-edited game? Sorry If I missed it, I tried looking around.

Edit: Wow. Immidiately after posting this, I went to page 27 and found this exact question.

Well, Looks like I can't. Hopefully there will be a way to do so in the future!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hmmm I wonder if the third byte could be revision number then
I don't think it's the reversion of the game/software, as the ChipID is related to the physical information of the cartridge (Chipset manufacturer, Chipset size, Chipset Save type)

Bug_checker said it's related the to game's size.
the size is a 2 bytes or 1 word value( in little endian). So if there is a 0x02 in byte 3 then multiply by 8 the value of byte 2.

Though, ROMs with the same size are using 00 and 02, and are not using a different byte in 0x1241

Senran Kagura Burst (16Gb / 2048MB)
Kirin release: 45 F8 00 90

Senran Kagura Burst v0.1 (16Gb/ 2048MB)
BBB release: C2 F8 02 90

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1