Hacking [HOW-TO] Use Scene Dumps with GW 2.2 Online

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't overwatch every post with Chip IDs in it, but I just tried the whole thing myself and backuped my own retail card and saw, that it has this as the Chip ID:

C2 FF E0 90

Did we figure out yet what the third byte is for?

Twinuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I didn't overwatch every post with Chip IDs in it, but I just tried the whole thing myself and backuped my own retail card and saw, that it has this as the Chip ID:

C2 FF E0 90

Did we figure out yet what the third byte is for?
Not yet I think. Can you give us more detail about it, like game name and region please? Any detail about the cart/chip if you know more

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just checked through some BigBlueBox NFOs and looked up if E0 is somewhere to be found, but sadly I found nothing. There seem to be a lof of 02's as the third byte.
Check:
Code:
Seisou.no.Amazones.JPN.3DS-BigBlueBox
Skylanders.Swap.Force.EUR.3DS-BigBlueBox
Bravely.Default.USA.3DS-BigBlueBox
PazuDora.Z.Puzzle.and.Dragons.Z.JPN.3DS-BigBlueBox
Shin.Megami.Tensei.Devil.Summoner.Soul.Hackers.EUR.3DS-BigBlueBox
One.Piece.Romance.Dawn.USA.3DS-BigBlueBox
Dragon.Quest.Monsters.2.Iru.to.Luca.no.Fushigi.na.Fushigi.na.Kagi.JPN.3DS-BigBlueBox
Magi.Aratanaru.Sekai.JPN.3DS-BigBlueBox
Hoshi.no.Kirby.Triple.Deluxe.JPN.3DS-BigBlueBox
Professor.Layton.and.the.Azran.Legacy.USA.3DS-BigBlueBox
Fifa.14.USA.3DS-BigBlueBox
Senran.Kagura.Burst.EUR.3DS-BigBlueBox

As you can see it can't be related to the region or the revision of the cart, as Mario Kart 7 (rev01) has 00's there.
Another thing I noticed is the chip manufacturer, which is 2C quite often.

The only release I found to be different is:
Code:
Ben.10.Omniverse.USA.3DS-BigBlueBox

Regards,
iCEQB

EDIT: I just noticed that Gateway ROM Patcher 0.5 is patching my ROM like this. The backup of my retail game says 00 at this position, so I just injected the header into "Rayman: Origins" (for the lulz) and the tool asked me if it should fix the Chip ID (the size) and just pastes the E0 there.

It just pushes the values for the 2nd byte (size) onto the 3rd byte w/o clearing them (or keeping the 00s in place).

So it's a sotware bug :D

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I just saw that the link to my program went to an old version, I updated it to go to v0.5. Here is the link if you want it. http://filetrip.net/dl?WIostjn4ey

I dont think the program is necessary anymore with the new Gateway Rom Patcher v0.5, it does it all automatically for you now when you load the rom, its quite cool.

Reactions: Margen67

aliak11

Pokemon Master
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think the program is necessary anymore with the new Gateway Rom Patcher v0.5, it does it all automatically for you now when you load the rom, its quite cool.

My program generates the chip ID automatically as well, and if it detects a card ID on the Rom it will import it. If you don't want to use it, that's fine, it's just another option to use, and I enjoy programming it.

Twinuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
EDIT: I just noticed that Gateway ROM Patcher 0.5 is patching my ROM like this. The backup of my retail game says 00 at this position, so I just injected the header into "Rayman: Origins" (for the lulz) and the tool asked me if it should fix the Chip ID (the size) and just pastes the E0 there.

It just pushes the values for the 2nd byte (size) onto the 3rd byte w/o clearing them (or keeping the 00s in place).

So it's a sotware bug :D

damn i thought you found a new value (and maybe a way to identify this f*cking offset!). I'll test it on some roms i have and report to the dev if it's a bug :(

like Reece said the two softs are pretty similar now, the exact same values are displayed in both.. look like clones. According to the read me the 3rd byte is not really generated. just forced to 00 cause all games are accepting this value, but the meaning is still unknow

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
keep it up aliak11 ;)
One thing I noticed is that your app forces the 3rd byte to always be 00 ... even if there is something in there in the actual ROM (I tested it with my corrupted E0 problem).
Maybe you should read the actual position from the ROM and warn the user if it has an unknown value.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
No don't get me wrong I'm not slating it, its a great app. you have made, I was just saying that was all, as long as your not cloning just doing another MT-Card job on it ;) It sounds like a fight to me, 3DS Rom Editor v0.5 Vs Gateway Rom Patcher v0.5! :gun:

Twinuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
gateway rom patcher is around since a while, people at no intro or essh used it a lot. The recent events just increased the number of features and tools available

Reactions: Margen67

Noy2222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think I'm a bit slow. Can you please explain the process for me in simple terms?
I have a cart of a real game (let's call it X) and a .3DS rom of game Y. How do I get the header from game X and what is the exact step by step process in which I path game Y?

aliak11

Pokemon Master
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
keep it up aliak11 ;)
One thing I noticed is that your app forces the 3rd byte to always be 00 ... even if there is something in there in the actual ROM (I tested it with my corrupted E0 problem).
Maybe you should read the actual position from the ROM and warn the user if it has an unknown value.

I can put that into it, bit the problem is if the Rom does not have a chip ID in it (eg. scene Rom), there is currently now way to know what it is supposed to be. If you manually enter anything into the third byte before you press "Write to Rom" it will use that and not 00.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I think I'm a bit slow. Can you please explain the process for me in simple terms?
I have a cart of a real game (let's call it X) and a .3DS rom of game Y. How do I get the header from game X and what is the exact step by step process in which I path game Y?

Read the thread m8ty all the info needed is in here. All the apps, headers and values are explained. If you just grab a copy of Rom Editor or Rom Patcher v0.5 and a 4GB header from the 1st page, load your rom in the app. and then Import your header into it and click on inject, just follow instructions, rename it .3dz instead of .3ds, put your rom on your Micro-SD card. Then your rom is ready for online use and ready to go, as easy as that now. Just make sure you use the same region header as your rom is, so if your rom a euro rip, then use a euro header or if it is a USA rip then use a USA header. Try and get your own personal header, go out and buy a second hand or brand new 4GB retail game and extract the header from it using Rom Patcher and keep it for yourself to use, never share it with anyone else. Tbh the OP should explain a bit more thorough about the process, it is a bit unexplained or at least update it.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Heh you were right, it was a bug. Dunno if the third byte can bring troubles if you go online with a false value. Problably not since you can play online with "00" even if the real chip got "02"
at least it's fixed. new link : http://tinyurl.com/GRPv0-6

Do you know, is the rest of the program necessary if you have your own personal header? apart from importing your own header bit? What I mean is if I have my own headers all valued up properly for card 1 & card 2 games is the inject/customer header bit necessary?

Twinuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yup when the v0.4 was first posted there was this warning too. It's just coming from chrome, the download method used is seen as suspicious. I had to use Internet Explorer to get it.

@reece71079 : sure the rest can be useful, cause the customer byte is very important. Getting a bad value here will make the game unplayable online. If you prepared one header for card 1 games and another for card 2, I think you used just one customer code. Macronix one probably, it's the one I try first on games since it's the most used. But if a game needs another code than Macronix, your header will not work.

When I tried my roms, i prepared three versions of each one. One with each manufacturer id. (example : ROM A with manufacturer code 1, ROM A with code 2, ROM A with code 3...) And when i got a rom working online, I remove the two useless ones :P

Reactions: reece71079

postcert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had any experience with a Resident Evil: Revelations header?
It's 5$ cheaper used at my local gamestop and it would be nice to have a personal 4g header.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: He was an android boy