Homebrew How to use gamepad as GBA in Gamecube games?

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a bit of a long stretch but is there any way to use the wii u game pad as a gba for game cube games? 4 Swords Adventures and FF Crystal Chronicles being two examples of what I'm talking about with game cube games that let you play with a gba.

Solution
It simply can't be done, the best bet we have for any possible way to implement this on the Wii U would be this idea: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintend...ectivity-to-emulate-gc-gba-link-cable.570042/ and even with that, I wouldn't hold my breath.

It's sad, this one feature is the only reason I still have my original Wii around so that games like 4 Swords Adventures and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles can still be properly enjoyed in multiplayer settings.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It simply can't be done, the best bet we have for any possible way to implement this on the Wii U would be this idea: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintend...ectivity-to-emulate-gc-gba-link-cable.570042/ and even with that, I wouldn't hold my breath.

It's sad, this one feature is the only reason I still have my original Wii around so that games like 4 Swords Adventures and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles can still be properly enjoyed in multiplayer settings.

Solution

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda figured sadly enough. unrelated but does the gc adapter not work with the wii u for gc games in wii mode? I would think loading the game up over nintendon't and hooking up gbas into the gc adapter would work, I was planning to test it this weekend but haven't gotten to it yet

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Im not sure if the official Wii U GC adapter works on Nintendo Wii but the clone ones work with Nintendont. The thing you can do is to load a GBA homebrew app (via flashcart or a gba-gc link cable) called "gba as controller" to make a GBA act as a gamecube controller while connecting the gba-gc link cable. Of course this is only for using as a pad and not with all the extra link content. Perfect for gamecube games with less use of buttons or NES-GB/C-GBA emulators.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
wiiu gc adapter or even switch gc adapter are not compatible with gba cable signals, nintendo made them only turn gc controller input into hid, while gba link cable does not send gc controller code therefore nothing comes out of there.

nintendont runs in wii mode therefore it only uses once core, you cant have a single core emulating gba games and then using it for nintendont, it would never work it would be slow as hell even if it was possible to give the wiiugamepad a diferent stream than the tv, which in wii mode i dont think its possible tbh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)