Hacking How to upgrade 8.1J N3DS to 9.0 (with browser!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread can be ceased since download play transferring FW by e-shop contents never works.
See proof on the first reply of page 2.
TC created this tutorial with his imagination but not the truth.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BTW, I have never dragged any system update files on any e-shop title from the CDN.

What do you think about my post above about putting a browser CIA into the RomFS so it'll be installed with the update

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
how about we build a custom rom with a 9.0/9.2 update, and e download play that. i don't know if it is that simple, if we have all the tools, keys etc to do that.
the update files on he cart aren't simply cias files.
but if this would work, just use the game and gw on one console to update the other

Reactions: MelonGx

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
how about we build a custom rom with a 9.0/9.2 update, and e download play that. i don't know if it is that simple, if we have all the tools, keys etc to do that.
but if this would work, just use the game and gw on one console to update the other
Following this point, has anyone tried DL play upgrading client 3DS from a cart-dumped SSB .3DS file?
If this work, then building a custom .3DS will be expectable.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, if we can manipulate the data inside a CIA why not just take the update data and make our OWN version of it, then we could have all of the legit CIAs we want stored within. So we could, for example, take and make an update package that includes a browser, put it back into the RomFS update the title list and then when we transmit via DL play it includes the browser, that way we can have an update package (we could even make a dummy game that includes it to make it as small as possible) once updated it would be like a regular 3ds that was upgraded via web methods

Hey you stole my idea :P haha

Anyways yeah I think it's possible

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Patching ROMFS might be safer since I found somebody replied DL play transferring firmware from firmlaunched platforms (all the .3DSes are running on that platform) might transfer incorrect data to make the client brick.

Reactions: cearp

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patching ROMFS might be safer since I found somebody replied DL play transferring firmware from firmlaunched platforms (all the .3DSes are running on that platform) might transfer incorrect data to make the client brick.

Like with HANs ?

EDIT: also what would be improperly transmitted I wonder?

Last edited by dark_samus3,

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mod, please lock this thread
TC was obviously looking for guinea pigs, and lucky no one got their 3DS bricked. TC should be banned for this

i agree, i bet you TC is associated with ronhero, since he wanted people to do the same thing in his old thread that was just recently locked. someone should report this thread right now.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well we have one person saying they've done it and another saying that it didn't work, basically if you can get past the point of getting the 9.0 or whatever update into the system everything else is safe, so really when you think about there isn't definitive proof on EITHER side, I say let this play out a bit more before we give up on it

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

I am working with a team that is working on that. In theory it's possible but not too much fruits have come from this

Following this point, has anyone tried DL play upgrading client 3DS from a cart-dumped SSB .3DS file?
If this work, then building a custom .3DS will be expectable.

Yes it works but you get 8.1, this assumes it will work in GW mode, you may have to disable firmlaunch when booting the rom

Last edited by Ronhero,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU