Hacking How to upgrade 8.1J N3DS to 9.0 (with browser!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to get my head around this. You use the Japanese game on any other console (region doesn't matter?) because it will make the 8.1j system update to 9.0 when download play is used, however it doesn't include the browser.

From there you need to get the browser or 9.2 somehow? Could you not just install the browser .cia from 9.0j to the console you updated via download play (assuming you have GW)? People tried this on 8.1j and it crashed, but surely it should be fine on 9.0 (even if updated via download play?)

cultopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right but it needs a certain system version and if it's only programmed to update through DL play then it simply might not launch
Game is able to start but it doesn't ask for update >_<
Could be that GW sysnand has FW spoof

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game is able to start but it doesn't ask for update >_<
Could be that GW sysnand has FW spoof

So you have gateway just install a browser CIA and go from there...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok this apparently won't work but I wonder if you could get it to work with ninjhax

cultopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok this apparently won't work but I wonder if you could get it to work with ninjhax
I am not sure what you want me to try. 8.1J can only boot GW, all others require browser except smashhax I think. Ronhero did tell me that he has a smashhax payload working on 8.1J.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure what you want me to try. 8.1J can only boot GW, all others require browser except smashhax I think. Ronhero did tell me that he has a smashhax payload working on 8.1J.

Install a browser CIA using GW (put FBI or BBM on your GW and launch it then install the CIA) then try ninjhax

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
this is not working simply because download play will prompt you to update via system settings.
Download play method doesn't work at all? And I think the other guy meant browser .cia on 9.0 rather than 8.1

cultopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download play method doesn't work at all? And I think the other guy meant browser .cia on 9.0 rather than 8.1
Right, if it works, please upload pics or video. I just confirmed it myself that it is not working (Please see pics I uploaded)

Reactions: MelonGx

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, if it works, please upload pics or video. I just confirmed it myself that it is not working (Please see pics I uploaded)
I will probably try it myself tomorrow when I find my charger. Does the second console also need to be New/JP?

jmleolgq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
The point is whether the 8.1J console can install the browser CIA with GW sysnand mode.

jmleolgq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I installed 9.X browser, it didn't brick, but it won't work. It got stuck when I performed ninjhax 1.1

You can try something else such as ninja 2.0+, browserhax and so on, since you can turn on the brower
once you can launch pasta cfw, there is a way to update to 9.2J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol