Hacking [How-To] Switch from PBT/Pasta/Palantine CFW to rxTools (sig. patched)

Koryushin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Has anyone managed to successfully do this with palentine? The tool referenced in the first post fails upon attempting to extract the nand from the SD card...

I did and all work fine.
3DS-multinand-Tool gave me an error.(something like my nand size is not the good one and it will calculate it himself) but extact worked and then i could inject my redNAND as an EmuNAND

Scet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do i have to install the mset .nds exploit rxtools provides. Or is the gateway one I've already installed via blue card and runs pasta fine?

Scet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if pasta don't need the Mset to be launched. I think so
I am on 4.2 and use mset to launch pasta simply for gba games now. And wanting to have separate SD card for updated emunand and ssb and mh4 support. So yes. Pasta for my setup uses mset. Hence why I'm confused why have to install a separate mset exploit via this rxtools and if it'll break my pasta entry point on 4.2

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
I am on 4.2 and use mset to launch pasta simply for gba games now. And wanting to have separate SD card for updated emunand and ssb and mh4 support. So yes. Pasta for my setup uses mset. Hence why I'm confused why have to install a separate mset exploit via this rxtools and if it'll break my pasta entry point on 4.2

profile exploit between pasta and rxtools re not interchangeable.

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
So using 2 card setup. One for pasta and gba games. And one for rxtools emunand + ssb/mh4 support (but breaks gba) isn't possible....? That kinda sucks

u need to install specific ds profile if u want to change sd.

Koryushin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You have 3 possibilities:
- 1) Launch Pasta throught CN and rxtool with Mset
- 2) Launch Pasta throught Mset and RxTool with browser exploit
- 3) Install a MultiRop installer on your ds flashcard and change the Mset every time you want to switch Pasta to rxtool and vice versa

Scet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have 3 possibilities:
- 1) Launch Pasta throught CN and rxtool with Mset
- 2) Launch Pasta throught Mset and RxTool with browser exploit
- 3) Install a MultiRop installer on your ds flashcard and change the Mset every time you want to switch Pasta to rxtool and vice versa
Option 3... how is the mset switching done exactly?

Koryushin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
As far as i know, option 3 can't be used because of rxtool.
Quick explanation : the multiroplaoder can launch 2 different .dat files.
One named Launcher.dat and one named MsetForBoss.dat (this one can be a renamed laucher).
But Rxtool do not permit to rename his launcher i guess.

EDIT: this method is like reinstalling Specific Mset (Pasta one and rxtool one) each time you want to switch between Pasta/rxtool

EDIT2: Now i realize that we really need an universal Launcher with a .txt configuration file to launch what ever you want. R trigger Pasta, L trigger Rxtool menu, no trigger Rxtool emunand :P ( like Ysmenu from DS flashcard that could launch multiple OS)

Last edited by Koryushin,

Scet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as i know, option 3 can't be used because of rxtool.
Quick explanation : the multiroplaoder can launch 2 different .dat files.
One named Launcher.dat and one named MsetForBoss.dat (this one can be a renamed laucher).
But Rxtool do not permit to rename his launcher i guess.

EDIT: this method is like reinstalling Specific Mset (Pasta one and rxtool one) each time you want to switch between Pasta/rxtool
So can't do a 2sd card setup for gba and emunand? We need to get this worked out. I have pasta sd and then my Gateway sd and I'm in heaven. My brother is gonna be sadly disappointed lol

Koryushin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can but not with mset for the moment.
Better way is Option 1 or Option 2.
pasta CN + rxtool mset or Pasta mset + Rxtool browser exploit.

Scet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can but not with mset for the moment.
Better way is Option 1 or Option 2.
pasta CN + rxtool mset or Pasta mset + Rxtool browser exploit.
No one wants to do browser when u can mset ;) lol. I'm just not gonna tell him about gba until pasta gets emunand because pasta with emunand.
And hopefully mh4 ssb along with gba working lol. Or just get a multiloader type thing like that nukka said. Hold l launch pasta. Hold r rxtools.

Scet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Execute the gw_installer.nds from your ds flashcart if you want to launch a laincher.dat
Execute rxinstaller.nds if you want to launch rxtools.
Yeah I know how to manually do it lol. That's not the option he was saying. Sucks have to launch nds cart... run a certain file to install each mset exploit and swap correct sd card. I'll just wait til a better solution

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu