Hacking [How-to] Spoof firmware (to access eShop and more) on New 3DS and Old 3DS

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@motezazer

So does system transfers not work anymore? The N3DS part of the tutorial doesn't work, possibly because the 9.8 update. I tried NTRDebugger multiple times from Linux, then tried more times from a Windows computer. I can successfully connect with NTR Debugger and spoof Eshop and get into it on my 9.0 N3DS, but when I try a system transfer it tells me to update.

My o3DS can successfully get into Eshop AND system transfer through the code.bin method.

Has nobody figured out a way around this, does this thread still stand?
Is system transfer between 9.0 o3DS to 9.0 N3DS just NO longer possible through ANY methods? Maybe it works better on 9.2?

genericuser

Trophies
XP
Country
@motezazer

So does system transfers not work anymore? The N3DS part of the tutorial doesn't work, possibly because the 9.8 update. I tried NTRDebugger multiple times from Linux, then tried more times from a Windows computer. I can successfully connect with NTR Debugger and spoof Eshop and get into it on my 9.0 N3DS, but when I try a system transfer it tells me to update.

My o3DS can successfully get into Eshop AND system transfer through the code.bin method.

Has nobody figured out a way around this, does this thread still stand?
Is system transfer between 9.0 o3DS to 9.0 N3DS just NO longer possible through ANY methods? Maybe it works better on 9.2?
System transfer does work on n3ds. I did it last night on two n3ds with 9.0. I've also done it on 9.0 o3ds to 9.0 n3ds recently.

Sometimes the exploit fails, make sure there is no error message and you should get a blue screen flash when you run it. I've also found it may fail if you remove the cubic ninja cart before going into system transfer, but this is probably just a coincidence (when I got it to work, I waited until one was ready for transfer, then put cubic ninja in the other and did ntr on it).

Last edited by genericuser,
Reactions: MattKimura

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
System transfer does work on n3ds. I did it last night on two n3ds with 9.0. I've also done it on 9.0 o3ds to 9.0 n3ds recently.

Sometimes the exploit fails, make sure there is no error message and you should get a blue screen flash when you run it. I've also found it may fail if you remove the cubic ninja cart before going into system transfer, but this is probably just a coincidence (when I got it to work, I waited until one was ready for transfer, then put cubic ninja in the other and did ntr on it).

So you used Ntr CFW on both 3DS, even o3DS?
I had a feeling this whole process was based on chance, that's why I kept trying. It must have a 5% success rate then.
I can successfully spoof Eshop every time without fail on N3DS, but system transfer never works. I never had to take out cubic ninja because I used the code.bin pokemon.org exploit on the o3DS and it can successfully get me to system transfer.

Maybe I should first setup the o3DS with NTR CFW and use NTR Debugger on both? For not im just gonna keep on trying until my hand falls off.
Just note that I'm following the guide on the main post, exactly how it is. I'm not sidetracking whatsoever.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
So you used Ntr CFW on both 3DS, even o3DS?
I had a feeling this whole process was based on chance, that's why I kept trying. It must have a 5% success rate then.
I can successfully spoof Eshop every time without fail on N3DS, but system transfer never works. I never had to take out cubic ninja because I used the code.bin pokemon.org exploit on the o3DS and it can successfully get me to system transfer.

Maybe I should first setup the o3DS with NTR CFW and use NTR Debugger on both? For not im just gonna keep on trying until my hand falls off.
Just note that I'm following the guide on the main post, exactly how it is. I'm not sidetracking whatsoever.

Using NTR on the o3ds has nothing to do with your inability to get into system transfer on the n3ds

Reactions: MattKimura

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using NTR on the o3ds has nothing to do with your inability to get into system transfer on the n3ds
The guy who helped me through it all!

@genericuser

So I tried two more times from my windows computer, everything was flawless on the first try (NTR booted up, IP connected without fail, the write code went through, but every time I access mset (Settings), things seem to have a problem on NTR debugger client.
Here's a log of what exactly happens as soon as I enter mset: http://prntscr.com/7je05g

Something about opening a specific directory fails, what's the deal with that? Sounds similar to using CHMM without ever setting a premium theme before.
So it's something to do with MY 3DS it seems. If only someone can decipher that code from the errors I'm getting.

It's not by chance that this is NOT working for me, something in my 3DS is wrong. Possibly something missing in my Nintendo 3DS folder? Because this error will ALWAYS occur every time and it's the reason why the spoof never works for system transfer.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@motezazer

So system transfer spoofing on N3DS does work! With the help of RonHero, it turns out that I had my Mset downgraded to 4.5, which was causing the spoofing to fail. It would be great to add a warning on the main post as part of the guide for N3DS. I completely forgot that I downgraded mset and never thought about it being my reason for error.

Reactions: genericuser

andrew weeks

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, i´m a psvita user who bought a new3ds ( firmware 9.0.0 yesterday, so i´m a total noob about all this stuff. I want to buy a sky3ds, put cubicninja on it and run CWF (sky3ds button is a pain in the ass, but ill use it for xenoblade an d cubic ninja). I also got smash bros game card for online playing, but it requires firmware 9.5. Does NTR or pasta firmware spoofing allow me to play without update?

motezazer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys, i´m a psvita user who bought a new3ds ( firmware 9.0.0 yesterday, so i´m a total noob about all this stuff. I want to buy a sky3ds, put cubicninja on it and run CWF (sky3ds button is a pain in the ass, but ill use it for xenoblade an d cubic ninja). I also got smash bros game card for online playing, but it requires firmware 9.5. Does NTR or pasta firmware spoofing allow me to play without update?
Pasta will allow you. (1.3 version with firm.bin)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My links could be wild life in nature or wild life in unnatural circumstances lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your links are the Ukraine Russia war
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biden signed a income contract just so you can keep sending me the mutated things that you do
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That just look right with food coloring liquid running down it
    +1
    Muhahahaha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Blue omelette
    +1
    Lol Ken will never eat an omelette again lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually ihops omlettes still hit haven't had one in forever
    The steak one is amazing
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn near $20 so fuck them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I second that, they are good. I always get the steak and add mushrooms to it also. But yea been awhile since had myself. I used to go there every morn for coffee and breakfast, meet with my work crew, but we all stop going, too expensive.
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I'm scarred for life.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    See you guys, I'll get lost for another month. Maybe the rest of the year.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See you tomorrow
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Peace. Take care, no more searching tonight. You gonna have nightmares.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    See you tomorrow.
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    did she just vomit on the chat before leaving
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    why are girls doing this nowadays? is this some weird way of showing dominance?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, I put her outside though, then cleaned it up.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah yes the unique power of girls vomiting on you
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    im gonna puke
    duskfall @ duskfall: :rofl2: +2