Hacking how to make emunand bigger on 3ds

sb1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i need to make my emunand bigger because when i put new roms on it when i close them to save it it never closes i think its because there is no space in emunand to save it. I was update with this stuff at the begin of year but forgot not messed about with it since then just sit in draw but now the holidays are here hoping to get some gaming in. Im if sorry if itz a silly ? are yea by the way i got gateway card many thanks shaun

im not sure if im getting mixed up with something else i no the games save sd card i cant remember if its emunand side are the other

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i need to make my emunand bigger because when i put new roms on when i close them to save it never closes i think its because there is no space in emunand to save it i was update with this stuff at the begin of year but forgot not messed about with it since then just sit in draw but now holidays are here hoping to get some gaming in. Im if sorry if itz a silly ? are yea by the way i got gateway card many thanks shaun

first things first. apparently you're from the UK so learn how to write properly in order for people to be able to understand you.

second, emunand is always the same size. the amount you have free in your system only depends on the size of your SD card. so if you want to have more space for games, buy a bigger SD card.

sb1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is there anyway to copy my emunand to big sd card are have i got to start over again

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm curious as to how big the emuNAND is on the SD card and would there be any benefits for Flashcard makers to add a multiple emuNAND selection feature?

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm curious as to how big the emuNAND is on the SD card and would there be any benefits for Flashcard makers to add a multiple emuNAND selection feature?

there's no real benefit. it's not like people can't do that if they use two or more SD cards with one emunand in each. But there's really no point for that. Nothing really to gain.

There are tools to extract emunand so it's also easy to check the size of emunand. It's not always the same. Mine is 954MB for example. There are some smaller.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
it seems there's some differences in size between regions. But always around 1GB
i thought it was just size differences between toshiba and samsung nand. are you certain region makes a difference?

increasing the size of the emunand partition, at least theoretically, would allow for more space for system titles and dsiware. if we ever get to make our own stuff like that, that would be cool. having all system titles from all regions would also be interesting, i suspect we could region change (when possible) and it would be seamless because the titles each region requires are already there :)

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i thought it was just size differences between toshiba and samsung nand. are you certain region makes a difference?

increasing the size of the emunand partition, at least theoretically, would allow for more space for system titles and dsiware. if we ever get to make our own stuff like that, that would be cool. having all system titles from all regions would also be interesting, i suspect we could region change (when possible) and it would be seamless because the titles each region requires are already there :)

I never tested it since I only have a EUR 3DS. But I think I read about it some time ago. But yeah, being able to do that would be interesting and allow for a whole range of new features.

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I would like to be able to select from multiple emuNAND partitions on one SD card. Then I could have a different NNID for each partition and easily be able to get around Miiverse console bans (which are only for Wii Us) and switch partitions during regular bans and perma bans.

Then, I could easily post things that are against the Code of Conduct without it affecting my Wii U and my main accounts!

Kylecito

eats warnings for breakfast
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I would like to be able to select from multiple emuNAND partitions on one SD card. Then I could have a different NNID for each partition and easily be able to get around Miiverse console bans (which are only for Wii Us) and switch partitions during regular bans and perma bans.

Then, I could easily post things that are against the Code of Conduct without it affecting my Wii U and my main accounts!

Just imagine, hundreds of hours of hard work and knowledge, careful disassembly and tinkering, arduous testing, tenuous teamwork from a community that encompasses the whole globe. The gift of dozens of geniuses who made computing what it has become today.

All so you can draw dicks on Miiverse and get away with it. Horrific yet poetic

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Just imagine, hundreds of hours of hard work and knowledge, careful disassembly and tinkering, arduous testing, tenuous teamwork from a community that encompasses the whole globe. The gift of dozens of geniuses who made computing what it has become today.

All so you can draw dicks on Miiverse and get away with it. Horrific yet poetic
Well, I was thinking more along the lines of custom images for screenshots, screenshots of ROM hacks, posting usernames from other websites, and posting links to other websites. ;)

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44