Hacking emummc booting but not reading sd card? error 2016-0247

vermilly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
id like to disclaim that im not very computer smart, so if theres an obvious solution that im missing i will accept all verbal beatdowns as long as im told what that solution is lol. with that being said i would like to be explained to like im five.

previously i had a 128gb sandisk ultra in my modded switch. i didnt realise when i bought it that id need more storage in the future and i wanted to save a few dollars, so now im upgrading to a 512gb sandisk ultra.

i have file based emunand so i copied over the files from the 128gb to the 512gb after formatting to fat32, but when i put it in my console, i got the error 2016-0247.

the card itself is being read isnt it???? since it boots into hekate from rcm payload, and then into atmosphere upon launch. but none of my games and software are playable, they all have that little cloud icon next to the games titles telling me the game files arent on the switch. opening the album into hbmenu shows the screen that says "nothing on the sd card make sure /switch is in the root".

im not sure if any files got messed up between the transfer because i left it overnight, but everything thing seemed to be identical while skimming through both cards, i cant be sure though. when i put in the 128gb everything is okay and working, only the 512gb has these problems. i dont think my sd card is fake, as i got them both at the same store and the 128gb is perfectly fine. ill check when im free and if nothing else works, or if someone really urges me to.

copying the files around takes ridiculously long, as in ive been copying and pasting for days because each try takes about eight hours, so i really want to figure out the problem here rather than continuing to manually troubleshoot. on that note does anyone have any tips for speeding up copying times? thanks :)

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Are you sure you formatted the new card as fat32 and not exfat?
You could try to dormat it again using hekate but that requires that you copy over the files again. You could start with only flthe root folder, atmosphere, bootloader and switch folders. Then go to homebre menu and check if it can see the homebrew. If it works copy the rest of the folders and check your games

Reactions: vermilly

vermilly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Are you sure you formatted the new card as fat32 and not exfat?
You could try to dormat it again using hekate but that requires that you copy over the files again. You could start with only flthe root folder, atmosphere, bootloader and switch folders. Then go to homebre menu and check if it can see the homebrew. If it works copy the rest of the folders and check your games
yeah ive been using guiformat to format to fat32.
tried formatting with hekate anyway but no dice. :/ i want to try putting together the files in the sd card from scratch but honestly im a little scared with my lack of knowledge of which file is what. ive only got so much time to figure things out between the stuff ive been made to study, so ill probably do that in early january when my school starts!!!!
ive been putting off testing the legitimacy of my card this entire time since the chances are so low and it takes forever but i think its one of the only things i can do from here that doesnt involve exploding my head lol.
ill update what happens with the sd card. if that turns out fine, im probably going to drop this for another month till i get the time. thank you for your help for now!

Drakanois

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
yeah ive been using guiformat to format to fat32.
tried formatting with hekate anyway but no dice. :/ i want to try putting together the files in the sd card from scratch but honestly im a little scared with my lack of knowledge of which file is what. ive only got so much time to figure things out between the stuff ive been made to study, so ill probably do that in early january when my school starts!!!!
ive been putting off testing the legitimacy of my card this entire time since the chances are so low and it takes forever but i think its one of the only things i can do from here that doesnt involve exploding my head lol.
ill update what happens with the sd card. if that turns out fine, im probably going to drop this for another month till i get the time. thank you for your help for now!
Archive attributes has probably been changed. While copying from SD 1 to SD 2, windows changed the file-/folderattributes for archiving without me knowing. When i turned it back off again error 2016-0247 was gone.

vermilly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
sd card is real, so thats good.
Archive attributes has probably been changed. While copying from SD 1 to SD 2, windows changed the file-/folderattributes for archiving without me knowing. When i turned it back off again error 2016-0247 was gone.
have to wait waiting on another slow copying time before i can try that. i think i used the tool in hekate that does that, before i asked on here. ill try setting them by hand when i can though. will update.
hope this works, thanks! :)
Post automatically merged:

this worked!!!! thank you so so much! :yayswitch:
slightly annoyed ive been doing this so long with such a quick solution lol, but im happy its solved.

Last edited by vermilly,
Reactions: HawaiianInTown

Blepbleb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sd card is real, so thats good.

have to wait waiting on another slow copying time before i can try that. i think i used the tool in hekate that does that, before i asked on here. ill try setting them by hand when i can though. will update.
hope this works, thanks! :)

this worked!!!! thank you so so much! :yayswitch:
slightly annoyed ive been doing this so long with such a quick solution lol, but im happy its solved.
How did you do this?

How do you turn it off?

Last edited by Blepbleb,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto