Cloning an SD card; drag and drop, or use a program like Acronis?

Flux55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've picked up a hard modded Switch lite that is running Atmosphere and came with a 512GB Micro SD card.

I am not yet very familiar with Switch hacking, so I figured it would be wise to clone the SD card just incase it dies on me.

To "clone" the SD card, can I simply format another 512GB card in the same format, and drag and drop all of the loaded files, or do I need to use a program like Acronis to make a true clone?

I did try taking the card out and restarting the switch, and it said that the card was missing then turned off, so I'm assuming some required boot and or OS files are living on the SD card.

Thanks for your help!

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
That depends whether you have a partition based EmuMMC on your SD card or not. If you don't you can simply copy all files to another card. If you do then you need to use a tool to copy the hidden partition.

You can check for instance in windows if you have a hidden partition on the sd card

Sphaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you have a hidden partition on your old card:
If I were you I would practice setting up a new EmuMMC on your new card. There isn't anything you can break by setting up a new card with emuEEC, and it's very useful to understand how your hack is set up if you ever get some problems.
https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy

After that I think you can copy/paste files from your old card.

Flux55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the replies. I'll def check out Clonezilla, looks like a great tool. Also I'll practice setting up the boot partition on the new card.

I'm currently running Atmosphere 1.6.2|S The S denotes sysNand right?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the replies. I'll def check out Clonezilla, looks like a great tool. Also I'll practice setting up the boot partition on the new card.

I'm currently running Atmosphere 1.6.2|S The S denotes sysNand right?

S stand for Sysnand, you can just copy and paste if you got sysnand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto