Hacking How to load a local html file on Wii U?

chunter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I built a homepage for my Wii U. Its an html file. Is it possible to load it onto the Wii U? Or link t it from the Wii U?

How can this be done?
Can the Wii U browser point to a local file? Like this:

file:///F:/Test/homepage.html

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you'd need to set up a web server on your computer and then go to it on the Wii U browser. Make sure your computer and Wii U are connected to the same network, set up a web server on your computer, and then navigate to your computer's IP address on the Wii U browser.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Marionumber1. Whenever I see you and Maxternal post I know it will be the truth and classy. Thanks for the help. A guy worked on a gamepad to pc over internet program and others use media servers. This reminded me of that type of work. I wonder if anyone is working on delroth's gamepad info he released.

marmarti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i help you with this later today

we would need.

*computer
*XAMPP

or you can Google search for XAMPP tutorials

chunter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually found a way to do this....just uploaded my html file on google drive and opened it on my wii u.

TheChield

Ugly Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
France
actually found a way to do this....just uploaded my html file on google drive and opened it on my wii u.
Well the OP asked for a"local" way to do this.
You can upload the file anywhere on the web accessible with HTTP or HTTPS and it will work...
But only if the Wii U has a web access...

chunter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the OP asked for a"local" way to do this.
You can upload the file anywhere on the web accessible with HTTP or HTTPS and it will work...
But only if the Wii U has a web access...

I had built a homepage and I wanted to use it on the Wii U.....a homepage with lots of links to youtube and other things....that was my original intent on trying to load a local html file. uploading to google drive allowed me to access it easily. easier than setting up a website via WAMP or something similar.

its a shame they don't allow the wii u browser to just load a local html file. I guess security reasons?

can the Wii U only play youtube files in 720p? It doesn't have any options to go higher to 1080p.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.