How to load a local html file on Wii U?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by chunter, Mar 29, 2014.

1. chunter
    OP

chunter Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2014
    United States
    I built a homepage for my Wii U. Its an html file. Is it possible to load it onto the Wii U? Or link t it from the Wii U?

How can this be done?
    Can the Wii U browser point to a local file? Like this:

file:///F:/Test/homepage.html

2. Marionumber1

Marionumber1 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 7, 2010
    United States
    No, you'd need to set up a web server on your computer and then go to it on the Wii U browser. Make sure your computer and Wii U are connected to the same network, set up a web server on your computer, and then navigate to your computer's IP address on the Wii U browser.

Ray Lewis and Fpsrussia117 like this.
  3. Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis Banned

Banned
    Dec 30, 2012
    United States
    Hey Marionumber1. Whenever I see you and Maxternal post I know it will be the truth and classy. Thanks for the help. A guy worked on a gamepad to pc over internet program and others use media servers. This reminded me of that type of work. I wonder if anyone is working on delroth's gamepad info he released.

4. marmarti

marmarti Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2013
    Mexico
    i help you with this later today

we would need.

*computer
    *XAMPP

or you can Google search for XAMPP tutorials

5. The Redeemer

The Redeemer Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2014
    France
    You can also use HFS (HTTP File Server), it's free and I'm already using it to get screenshot from my WiiU.

marmarti likes this.
  6. chunter
    OP

chunter Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2014
    United States
    actually found a way to do this....just uploaded my html file on google drive and opened it on my wii u.

7. TheChield

TheChield Ugly Troll

Jul 10, 2013
    France
    Well the OP asked for a"local" way to do this.
    You can upload the file anywhere on the web accessible with HTTP or HTTPS and it will work...
    But only if the Wii U has a web access...

8. chunter
    OP

chunter Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2014
    United States

I had built a homepage and I wanted to use it on the Wii U.....a homepage with lots of links to youtube and other things....that was my original intent on trying to load a local html file. uploading to google drive allowed me to access it easily. easier than setting up a website via WAMP or something similar.

its a shame they don't allow the wii u browser to just load a local html file. I guess security reasons?

can the Wii U only play youtube files in 720p? It doesn't have any options to go higher to 1080p.

9. Marionumber1

Marionumber1 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 7, 2010
    United States

By definition, a local file is only valid on your computer, not the Wii U.