YO-KAI WATCH

YO-KAY.jpg

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Nba_Yoh @NuttyS I tried Homepassing on a different computer (Windows 10 built-in Wi-Fi as well) and it did the trick. I think the problem is my laptop's built-in Wi-Fi adapter or something. Like maybe my adapter's settings aren't configured properly or my sharing settings aren't right. I'm not sure...but I would certainly love to be around my grandmother's computer a lot more if I can. Anyone have settings like these?

New%20Bitmap%20Image_zpshxihnv1c.png

Last edited by DrakeLyon,
Reactions: NuttyS

NuttyS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay So i set it up, and tried to share ethernet with my wifi adapter, but it still says my adapter is not connected for some reason and the nba program aborts...how do i make my wi fi share with the ethernet properly?

UPDATE: and when i right click the wifi adapter to share with the ethernet adapter, the console3ds shows up but doesnt have any network access nor my ethernet have internet now... how do i fix this??
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it didn't work with an ethernet connection? Only a wireless one?

Apologies if I've read it wrong but your update sounds like you sharing it the wrong way. You need to share your main connection with the console3dsone, not share it with your main one.

@Nba_Yoh @NuttyS I tried Homepassing on a different computer (Windows 10 built-in Wi-Fi as well) and it did the trick. I think the problem is my laptop's built-in Wi-Fi adapter or something. Like maybe my adapter's settings aren't configured properly or my sharing settings aren't right. I'm not sure...but I would certainly love to be around my grandmother's computer a lot more if I can. Anyone have settings like these?

New%20Bitmap%20Image_zpshxihnv1c.png
Woohoo!! Can you get a wifi dongle like the one I said about? I have no where near as many settings as that, it looks like a beast, a confusing one lol.

Reactions: DrakeLyon

ultimania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Sorry for repeating myself, is anyone homepassing Pokemon Shuffle okay? I received instant and abundant homepassing for Mii Plaza but none for Pokemon Shuffle.

Used to get a lot of Pokemon Shuffle homepassing but not in recent days. Latest 3DS firmware and tried stop homepassing for 24 hours. Street Passing for this game is set on and had toggled it off and on several times. Half of the people I met in Mii Plaza showed me they had just played Pokemon Shuffle. So weird.

ninovalenti

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Update from my site:

Got the Eon Ticket (Pokemon ORAS) now. Didnt worked at first BUT i had to allow other devices in my network to use my internet (share connection). you have to double click on your wifi device (while homepassing) and check if (under the second tab) the box which says something like that "allow other devices to use this connection for internet bla bla bla". as soon as ive checked this box my 3ds got homepassed in now time. maybe you guys have to check it

Tutsumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Hoopa event for Pokemon's starting soon and I'm using the Nba method. I see homepass.info has a few McDonalds in the US listed, but are those current or are there any already listed in the default BASE256.txt?

tyrdchaos

Trophies
Website
www.chaoticconfused.com
XP
Country
United States
So, I had some issues with getting the DD-WRT version of the script to work. So, I put together my own. And by put together I hacked it together like a two-year old attempting to cut a steak with a butter knife. Either way, it SEEMS to work. I will attach the files to this post.

I was using a a TP-Link TL-WR710N router, which is Atheros based. There are instructions in the README.TXT file that should be read carefully. I also made a wiki here. It is still in the testing stages. So far, I have gotten it to work on my router. I have not tested it on other routers at this time. If anyone would like to, feel free to download it using the instructions in the wiki. Or, just follow duke_srg's guide up this point:

Router instructions:
Warning: for BASE1,BASE16,BASE256,GBATEMP lists SSID must be changed manually to NZ@McD1
Warning: for 3DS firmware version 9.0.0-9.2.0 only BASE1,BASE16,BASE256,GBATEMP,78 lists can be used if wireless security is enabled
Warning: for 3DS firmware version 9.3.0+ wireless security must be disabled
- open a Telnet/SSH client and execute

Instead of the command they posted, use this one:

Code:
wget -O /tmp/hpms_install http://homepass.chaoticconfused.com/hpms_install/hpms_install_atheros.sh; chmod +x /tmp/hpms_install; /tmp/hpms_install

So far, it works. I have been getting street passes and what not. When it switches, I get more. This is not a replacement for the unified script. This will only work with DD-WRT routers (as much as it has been tested). Make sure you follow the directions, as they are specific to hardware (Atheros vs Broadcom).

You can also download the zip file from git here if you have an issue trusting the site that is coming from (I promise you it is as safe as it can be).

Last edited by tyrdchaos,
Reactions: wwwsam

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's been quite some time since I last did the whole thing, so.. Is the SSID still NZ@McD1? Also, any security/key needed or is it up to me? (not using the nzone.exe method but still wanna know)
€dit: nvm, just tried with my router again. NZ@McD1 without security still works on 10.2, yay! Now, if anybody with Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker could homepass on my MAC (F8:01:13:79:05:59) it would be much appreciated. :D

Last edited by signz,

ninovalenti

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hoopa event for Pokemon's starting soon and I'm using the Nba method. I see homepass.info has a few McDonalds in the US listed, but are those current or are there any already listed in the default BASE256.txt?
You sure this event is aviable over homepassing? In germany this event was aviable only via a gift code. Could be the same for the us though

D

Deleted User

The service provider is defined by the SSID not the mac address and the distribution is only available via gift code.

NuttyS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for repeating myself, is anyone homepassing Pokemon Shuffle okay? I received instant and abundant homepassing for Mii Plaza but none for Pokemon Shuffle.

Used to get a lot of Pokemon Shuffle homepassing but not in recent days. Latest 3DS firmware and tried stop homepassing for 24 hours. Street Passing for this game is set on and had toggled it off and on several times. Half of the people I met in Mii Plaza showed me they had just played Pokemon Shuffle. So weird.
We're getting Shuffle ones fine, Rumble World ones seem to be a bit sparse though.

ultimania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Because this thread is becoming anarchical, some of you asked for it and there it is, the nbahomepass blog : http://mrnbayoh.tumblr.com/

Thanks for this. Will adding more mac addresses to base256.txt myself, for example, those found in the website homepass.info, increases my homepasses?

I can't open the exe file on Windows 10, command prompt windows pops up and closes.

Did you open cmd.exe as admin first and then type the command as instructed?

Last edited by ultimania,

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would anyone be willing to help via teamviewer? Its been nearly a year since I've used homepass and I really miss it.

ultimania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
We're getting Shuffle ones fine, Rumble World ones seem to be a bit sparse though.

Thanks, I still can't figure out why I can get tons of homepasses for one game and not for another one...

Edit: I'll stop (nba)homepassing completely for five days or a week to see any improvements.

Last edited by ultimania,

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got nbahomepass 1.1 working, it's cycling through MAC addresses as it should and my 3DS shows its connected online which I assume is to it (I deleted all networks to play it safe.)

I'm still not receiving streetpass, any idea what I'm missing? Is there something in the DNS that needs to be set? It's all set to automatic if that matters.

Reactions: DrakeLyon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.