Status
Not open for further replies.

abitjaded

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first of all remember you should have 3 connections first is your Ethernet which has internet. second it your wifi device which you have to rename to "Wi-Fi" and the third one is attwifi. attwifi shares the Ethernet's internet connection. when changing the mac address your changing the address of the Wi-Fi one not the attwifi one. when you change the mac of your Wi-Fi connection it changes the address of the attwifi automatically because attwifi is just a virtual network that was made using the real Wi-Fi network.

Thanks for the clarification! I've had the connections set up as such, and am currently cycling through the Prime MACs, but have yet to get a single streetpass..

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Thanks for the clarification! I've had the connections set up as such, and am currently cycling through the Prime MACs, but have yet to get a single streetpass..
check your connection if your 3ds is connected maybe its losing connection after the address changes or doesnt have internet access right click on attwifi and click status and check if it has internet connectivity

p.s. you dont have to cycle through them just set manually your mac to one of the prime macs and leave it and test the connection if its working you should get a green light.

abitjaded

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check your connection if your 3ds is connected maybe its losing connection after the address changes or doesnt have internet access right click on attwifi and click status and check if it has internet connectivity

p.s. you dont have to cycle through them just set manually your mac to one of the prime macs and leave it and test the connection if its working you should get a green light.

yup, my 3DS is connected to attwifi (i noticed that the top left corner of the upper screen shows a gray icon when I just wake up the 3DS from sleep, so I just left it switched on the whole time) and is showing me that it is connected to the internet. the nintendo zone icon is also blinking. I have also deleted any other connections within my 3DS's wifi settings. however, after 40 mins of being on the main prime mac im still not getting a single StPass, very puzzled :(

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
yup, my 3DS is connected to attwifi (i noticed that the top left corner of the upper screen shows a gray icon when I just wake up the 3DS from sleep, so I just left it switched on the whole time) and is showing me that it is connected to the internet. the nintendo zone icon is also blinking. I have also deleted any other connections within my 3DS's wifi settings. however, after 40 mins of being on the main prime mac im still not getting a single StPass, very puzzled :(
that icon in the top can say connected when its not. go into setting of the 3ds and do a connection test and see if it passes both parts of the test my bet it wont.

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It passed, and I can use the browser just fine too. =\
okay so lets summarize this yours 3ds is connected to attwifi and passes the test. good now it must be the mac address then go into cmd go with commands to the folder where macshift is located and use the command

macshift -i "Wi-Fi" (enter a different prime mac here with out brackets and : )

use a android phone and the app wieye to see what's the mac address and if it changed and test the connection again on the 3ds.

Tim Williams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on Windows 7. Followed the guide, and have my 3DS successfully connected to the network, it even says it's a nintendo zone. But I'm not getting any streetpasses, even with MacCycle. The guide says it's just for setting up the connection, and that he'd write one for actually getting the passes later, but where is that?

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm on Windows 7. Followed the guide, and have my 3DS successfully connected to the network, it even says it's a nintendo zone. But I'm not getting any streetpasses, even with MacCycle. The guide says it's just for setting up the connection, and that he'd write one for actually getting the passes later, but where is that?
its my guide sorry i didnt get around it i can do it tomorrow :) in the meantime read the posts above yours that i wrote what to try :)

abitjaded

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so lets summarize this yours 3ds is connected to attwifi and passes the test. good now it must be the mac address then go into cmd go with commands to the folder where macshift is located and use the command

macshift -i "Wi-Fi" (enter a different prime mac here with out brackets and : )

use a android phone and the app wieye to see what's the mac address and if it changed and test the connection again on the 3ds.

yup, you're right. wieye shows that attiwif's MAC has not changed, yet ipconfig shows that my wifi adapter's mac has changed...

yamfun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
How do I use the "wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://goo.gl/XBMJK9; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh” if my DD-WRT router is connected to a main router that connects to the internet?

The current diagram is like this:

Internet
-- Main router (192.168.0.1, DHCP)
---- Some PC
---- Some phones
---- DDWRT Router (changed to 192.168.0.2 from 192.168.1.1, DHCP forwarder, gateway is set to 192.168.0.1)
-------- 3DS
-------- Some other PC
-------- Some other phones

Right now the command would:
/bin/sh: eval: line 1: /tmp/nzone.sh: not found

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
yup, you're right. wieye shows that attiwif's MAC has not changed, yet ipconfig shows that my wifi adapter's mac has changed...

I'm getting the same results, wieye shows that attwifi's MAC hasn;t changed

please can you both first download the latest drivers online manually, dont use cyclers just yet until we figure out whats wrong. can you describe to me how you exactly are changing your macs. some of your wifi usb wont change macs until they are updated to the latest driver versions.

abitjaded

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please can you both first download the latest drivers online manually, dont use cyclers just yet until we figure out whats wrong. can you describe to me how you exactly are changing your macs. some of your wifi usb wont change macs until they are updated to the latest driver versions.

Yup on the latest intel drivers. The problem being that my version is 15.2, and Intel has expressedly mention that they will not support spoofing of MACs from version 11.x onwards. I have been using macshift instead of the cyclers

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yup on the latest intel drivers. The problem being that my version is 15.2, and Intel has expressedly mention that they will not support spoofing of MACs from version 11.x onwards. I have been using macshift instead of the cyclers
Let me get this straight your using your laptops wifi card?
If it wont can you downgrade to a before version?

abitjaded

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me get this straight your using your laptops wifi card?
If it wont can you downgrade to a before version?

Yup using the laptop's wifi card. I dug out a much older laptop and it worked fine and I'm finally getting streetpasses, so its definitely something to do with the Intel network cards. I'd try to see if i can find an older version to rollback to force it to spoof the mac

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yup using the laptop's wifi card. I dug out a much older laptop and it worked fine and I'm finally getting streetpasses, so its definitely something to do with the Intel network cards. I'd try to see if i can find an older version to rollback to force it to spoof the mac
yea thats a good idea most wifi usb donggles will work but wofi cards are a bit ify. glad to see you got it working :)

Reactions: abitjaded

Tim Williams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a TP-Link TL-WN725N and I downloaded the latest drivers off the website before doing this. Could it potentially be that the latest drivers don't allow MAC spoofing?

Tim Williams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It said everything was fine. I launch CMD as administrator, type macshift -i "Wi-Fi" 4e53504f4f46 and it goes through all the steps and resets the adapter and says everything worked fine.

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It said everything was fine. I launch CMD as administrator, type macshift -i "Wi-Fi" 4e53504f4f46 and it goes through all the steps and resets the adapter and says everything worked fine.
but wieye doesn't show that mac on attwifi?
If it doesn't it's a driver issue, most people get blue screens or reboots. It's a rare problem but it happens :/ I don't understand how some people with tp links can change macs and some can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So don't be mean and keep it clean!
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    murdering teal and purple in HOMM3
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah Dinoh psi wants you to destroy his booty
    +1
    Ken stop projecting lol
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Start rubbing
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder how many people end up falling in love from customer service
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Don't f#ck in front of everyone, geez
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Uremum has the best customer service
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ow 100hp hit out a billion
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's ironic, last time I went to uremum, I had to take a number, and it was 100
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yes just shows how important you are to her unlike urewife where I can even get ahold her by pager
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Freaking 97 degrees here now, even my dog went out and turned right back around, like nope!
    +1
    Yeah it's a bit warm outside
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Florida already misses the hurricanes
    One is supposedly forming in the gulf lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Florida citizens meth is a ac unit in the mouth
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Psi, Did you get any Flooding near you, or is it all south?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do we need back yard pools it's Florida
    I'm like an hour north of Tampa it's rained a bit here but no flooding
    +1
    45 minutes until my next date hehehe
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The gators need a new home
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, you are dad of how many kids now?
    +1
    Hmmm I don't know lol
    The family reunion might have to book a stadium :P
    +1
  • AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears:
    hey, is there some expert for wiiu hacking out there
    ? :)
    AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears: hey, is there some expert for wiiu hacking out there ? :)