Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Williams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to confirm, in WiEye the MAC address is the set of numbers in parenthesis to the right of the network name, correct?

Tim Williams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, so it seems that it's changing the MAC of my adapter, but not attwifi. When I type getmac in to CMD it shows that my disconnected "Wi-Fi" adapter has the mac I gave, but the attwifi adapter still has it's old mac

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Just to confirm, in WiEye the MAC address is the set of numbers in parenthesis to the right of the network name, correct?
Yes thats the mac

Hmm, so it seems that it's changing the MAC of my adapter, but not attwifi. When I type getmac in to CMD it shows that my disconnected "Wi-Fi" adapter has the mac I gave, but the attwifi adapter still has it's old mac

Hmmmm something is not right here. attwifi is the virtual network of your tplink Wi-Fi. Their macs need to match try to reset your adapter stop and start the hostednetwork in cmd. So when you change macs, stop the hostednetwork in cmd and then change mac and then start just to be sure.

Tim Williams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I always reset the adapter when I change the MAC. I stop the hostednetwork in CMD, change the mac, then start the hosted network. Yeah it's very odd, when I use the getmac command it's showing one adapter as having the correct mac, but the hostednetwork still has the same mac as before

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah I always reset the adapter when I change the MAC. I stop the hostednetwork in CMD, change the mac, then start the hosted network. Yeah it's very odd, when I use the getmac command it's showing one adapter as having the correct mac, but the hostednetwork still has the same mac as before
im clueless ive never heard of this problem :/ maybe some people here with more experience can jump in and help?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
How do I use the "wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://goo.gl/XBMJK9; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh” if my DD-WRT router is connected to a main router that connects to the internet?
Right now the command would:
/bin/sh: eval: line 1: /tmp/nzone.sh: not found
Please check your router model and dd-wrt build version first.

Tim Williams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got the relay working on a different computer. It must be something with the first computer I tried. I'm getting lots of streetpasses now though, about 6 per MAC. Once you hit the 10 streetpass cap, does that mean you can't store anymore streetpasses until you visit your plaza?

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So I got the relay working on a different computer. It must be something with the first computer I tried. I'm getting lots of streetpasses now though, about 6 per MAC. Once you hit the 10 streetpass cap, does that mean you can't store anymore streetpasses until you visit your plaza?
yes that's true but youl get streetpasses for games even after you reach 10 people. great job for getting it working :)

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It's a TP-LINK TL-WR841N v8.4 with DD-WRT 07-24-2013-r22118.....

Is your router in a bridge mode? In that case DNS server is not configured and script just can't be downloaded from the router. If your router have DNS properly configured I'd recommend to fallback to build 21061 and test again.

moosehunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried this with both a Galaxy S4 and my desktop computer with a Wi-Fi card. I can change the MAC address, but if I throw up a hotspot after I do, it usually can't be connected to by anything. My phones, computers, and 3DS just won't connect. Every once in a while I'll randomly have a MAC address that works, but then when I change it again, it stops working. If I reset the MAC address, it works normally. Again, this happens when I make hotspots with both my computer and Galaxy S4. Is this normal?

yamfun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Is your router in a bridge mode? In that case DNS server is not configured and script just can't be downloaded from the router. If your router have DNS properly configured I'd recommend to fallback to build 21061 and test again.

Yeah I believe I have not config it completely too, but I don't really know how.
It connects to the main router(192.168.0.1) with the cable plugging to LAN port instead of WAN.
I changed its IP to 192.168.0.2 from .1.1, and set its DHCP mode to DHCP forwarder instead of server.
I didn't set anything special at the main router though (also a WR841N but not with DD-WRT)

These are roughly all I config-ed before. It is working basic-ly (PC and 3DS can internet and 3DS can homepass if I change MAC myself), and I don't know too much to know what more need to config.
Anyone with similar setup can teach me please?

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I've tried this with both a Galaxy S4 and my desktop computer with a Wi-Fi card. I can change the MAC address, but if I throw up a hotspot after I do, it usually can't be connected to by anything. My phones, computers, and 3DS just won't connect. Every once in a while I'll randomly have a MAC address that works, but then when I change it again, it stops working. If I reset the MAC address, it works normally. Again, this happens when I make hotspots with both my computer and Galaxy S4. Is this normal?
All of the macs work, what it sounds to me is that your losing internet connection on your attwifi network and when attwifi doesnt have internet access the 3ds wont connect. Right click your mouse on attwifi and click status and check if it has internet access.

yamfun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Can someone try if they can get SP from this MAC? 3E6A31 7E75E1

If I just made up a MAC address, then get a group of people to change to this mac and try to street pass, does the SP just magically works?

Are the street pass data stored at some Nintendo's server, which when you connects from a MAC, it returns you the SP data that previously connected with the same MAC?
Or, there really have to be a router/usb with this MAC turned on and properly configured to act as a server at the moment someone else tries to connect to it for SP to work?

I am just thinking to try to encourage people with SMT4, SMT:SH and PQ(in the future) to street pass with the same made-up MAC address.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Can someone try if they can get SP from this MAC? 3E6A31 7E75E1

If I just made up a MAC address, then get a group of people to change to this mac and try to street pass, does the SP just magically works?

Are the street pass data stored at some Nintendo's server, which when you connects from a MAC, it returns you the SP data that previously connected with the same MAC?
Or, there really have to be a router/usb with this MAC turned on and properly configured to act as a server at the moment someone else tries to connect to it for SP to work?

I am just thinking to try to encourage people with SMT4, SMT:SH and PQ(in the future) to street pass with the same made-up MAC address.
This mac is stored on ninty servers and everytime someone connects to a AP with that mac it'll seek the information stored with that mac. So any mac can be used

moosehunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of the macs work, what it sounds to me is that your losing internet connection on your attwifi network and when attwifi doesnt have internet access the 3ds wont connect. Right click your mouse on attwifi and click status and check if it has internet access.

No, when I change the MAC address on either my computer's Wi-Fi card or my phone and put up a hotspot from either one of them, nothing is able to connect to the hotspot 95% of the time.

jimbo11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I went through all the steps and believe I set everything up properly, but this doesn't seem to be working. I'm on a Mac with Mavericks installed, I am connected behind a router (Time Capsule), I've set up internet sharing, connected my 3ds to an open attwifi network, and I've used ifconfig to spoof my MAC address, and also used one of the scripts which is supposed to go through MAC addresses. The 3ds shows as being connected to the internet, Nintendo Zone blinks, but I'm getting zero streetpass hits. When I open up the system, the logo in the corner shows green streetpass for a second or two, then switches to saying internet. It does properly connect to the internet, just no streetpass hits. 3DS has 7.1 firmware on emunand, and it has been confirmed elsewhere that emunand works with streetpass, but I don't know specifically about 7.1 (though I would imagine so).

Does this have something to do with me being behind a router? That's the only thing I can think of. If so, is there a way to set up port forwarding on my router for whatever port 3DS streetpass communications uses? Or do I need to set my computer up as a default host or plug directly into the cable modem for this to work? edit: tried default host, didn't seem to work.

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country

Thank you so much. I swear to spaghetti that Bing doesn't like me, and some of us aren't fortunate or adept enough to have top-notch resources.

If I need to troubleshoot my Windows XP set-up of the Remote StreetPass Relay, where would be appropriate to do so?
If I should start over from scratch, how can I be sure I've undone all the changes made to my system by this process?
Although I have followed the given instructions to the letter, I have not received any StreetPass, and in fact the internet stops working on the system I have been using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Shhhhhh. Don't say Bananas. JM will get horny again :mellow:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Oh God no :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough...