Hacking How to Fakesign?

Dr Awesomo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Having recently bought RB3, I had to start a wii system update in order for it to actually work (There's no workaround. You can skip the update, but then it whizzes from the air and explodes into a heap of burning pieces..no really, just the 002 error), so I did.

Now, before you stare me down, I was aware previous IOS modifications would be comprimised, but I didn't want to preserve as many as I had wanted to get rid of, so I ran it anyways.

However, there was one thing I wanted to to keep, that I'd like to get back: playing customs in RB2.

Historically, I've only gotten this to work on an earlier version of IOS 37, and used DOP-Mii to install it everytime I needed it (Which was often, since RiiVolution demands the latest version to function). However, in order for me to make that happen, I need an IOS capable of fakesign, and in order to have DOP-Mii install that fakesign to say, IOS36, it needs one of many availale IOSes to have the capability of downgrading.

So my question is (although, I've done it before, and just can't recall) how do I go abouts setting everything up so that this may go smoothly?

I wish to do a few things when all is said and done...

- Play RockBand 3, with all my DLC functioning, and a continued ability to use the DLC store without a hitch
- Play RockBand 2, with all my customs functioning
- Other experimental goals that really, I suppose I could live without, but won't ask about them unless there's a problem

Suffice it to say, thanks in advance. Any help is appreciated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does not exist, then create enemy at certain spot. (This would be a pain tho for lots of emeies)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Easiest, simple way would be just restart scene, but player would restart from beginning.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, thx in advance
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, thx in advance +1