HackMii "No Vulnerable IOS Found" Error. All Solutions Seem to Fail.

paytondev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!
I am relatively new to Wii modding, but I'm starting off with a tricky one. I have been to what feels like every single place to ask about this, yet nobody has been able to help me yet. Upon booting HackMii with the Letterbomb, I get an error saying something along the lines of "No Vulnerable IOSes found." Before you link to the other thread talking about this issue, believe me, I've seen it. I seem to have seen every single blog post, tutorial, and Reddit thread about this issue, yet no solutions yet. I do not have access to Homebrew. Here is a list of what I have tried:
  • Wii System Format
  • ModMii HackMii solutions
  • Reinstalling:
    • IOS31v3608
    • IOS33v3608
    • IOS34v3608
    • IOS35v3608
    • IOS36v3608
    • IOS58v6176
  • Running various versions of HackMii Installer (0.8,1.0,1.2)
  • Wii System Update ("There are no updates available for this Wii since it already has the most current system software." and then prompts me to go to Wii Menu, which I've been told is not the correct behavior)
  • str2hax
  • Removing cIOSCorp/DARKCORP [THE EASY WAY] guide (Didn't have IOS236, and 249-254 seem to hang the console)
  • Multi-Mod Manager (RVL-003 wiimote just.. disconnects. can't get it to reconnect unless I leave MMM)
  • Completely reinstalling IOSes (IOS11,IOS20,IOS30,IOS40,IOS50,IOS52,IOS60,IOS70,IOS80 all failed with "Signature Check Failed -2011")
  • Installing cIOSes (all failed with "Signature Check Failed -2011"
  • DOP-Mii's "Install IOS36 w/FakeSign (fails - can't find any usable IOSes)
I've tried most of these under guidance of the RiiConnect24 community, who were a pretty big help in helping me to understand all of these things, but ultimately weren't able to help me get it working. It's an RVL-001 Wii (the one with Gamecube ports). I CANNOT for some reason get sysCheck working (both HDE & 1.6.2), for they either never boot or just can't get any data from the console. I was able to run a DOP-Mii "syscheck," and here are the results of that:
"DOP-Mii Report"
"Region", North America (U)
"Hollywood Version", 0x11
"Wii Unique DeviceID", 68421708

IOS Version, FakeSign, ES_Identify, NAND, Flash
"80 (v6944)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"62 (v6430)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"61 (v5662)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"58 (v6176)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"57 (v5919)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"56 (v5662)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"55 (v5663)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"53 (v5663)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"48 (v4124)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"46 (v3607)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"45 (v3607)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"43 (v3607)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"41 (v3607)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"38 (v4124)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"37 (v5663)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"36 (v3608)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"35 (v3608)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"34 (v3608)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"33 (v3608)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"31 (v3608)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"28 (v1807)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"22 (v1294)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"21 (v1039)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"17 (v1032)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"15 (v1032)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"14 (v1032)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"13 (v1032)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"12 (v526)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"9 (v1034)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
So far nobody has been able to figure this out. I was going to try to post a link to the Discord thread I used to get support in, but I am a new user here and am not allowed to post links. If you need to find it, it is in the support section of the RiiConnect24 server, and has a title similar to this thread. Any help at all is greatly appreciated! Thank you! If any more information is needed, I will of course be happy to give it ASAP!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Try reinstalling the IOS58 v6176 wad as packed by NUS Downloader gui specifically, then retry the hackmii installer

If that doesn't work, the we go full nuclear on this bitch, don't worry, I got a plan that I'm confident will work, but definitely try the above first

Full nuclear option, start modmii and inside its support folder run Casper2Bootmii.bat, it will prep your sd so that directly from an exploit you will be launched into bootmii (yes, u can use bootmii without installing it first). From there make a nand backup. Then go back to your PC and make a virgin nand backup based off your current one using ohneschwanzenegger. Then save the new/virgin nand.bin to your sd card as nand.bin, launch up bootmii via an exploit, and this time restore the ohneschwanzenegger nand (will require a GC controller).

Once this is done, it's like your wii is fresh from the factory. Then retry softmodding it as per usual using the main Modmii Wizard, and now hopefully the hackmii installer should run cleanly.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

paytondev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try reinstalling the IOS58 v6176 wad as packed by NUS Downloader gui specifically, then retry the hackmii installer

If that doesn't work, the we go full nuclear on this bitch, don't worry, I got a plan that I'm confident will work, but definitely try the above first

Full nuclear option, start modmii and inside its support folder run Casper2Bootmii.bat, it will prep your sd so that directly from an exploit you will be launched into bootmii (yes, u can use bootmii without installing it first). From there make a nand backup. Then go back to your PC and make a virgin nand backup based off your current one using ohneschwanzenegger. Then save the new/virgin nand.bin to your sd card as nand.bin, launch up bootmii via an exploit, and this time restore the ohneschwanzenegger nand (will require a GC controller).

Once this is done, it's like your wii is fresh from the factory. Then retry softmodding it as per usual using the main Modmii Wizard, and now hopefully the hackmii installer should run cleanly.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.
Hi! How do I make a virgin nand? (Reinstalling IOS58 didn't work.)

Last edited by paytondev,

paytondev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i heard from somewhere that to do this you need to put "4.3u" in the top-left hand box. is that right? is that all?

paytondev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you!

anyways, I won't have access to a GC controller until Monday, so I'll try it then and report back here! Thank you both!

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
at about 57 seconds you see some required steps that I don't think are documented in the Read Me

must add 4.2U or whatever you want. Also worth noting you should be able to pick a different region than whatever you are starting on. So you can simultaneously reset and region change. Also read the part about using nandbincheck to verify the result before restoring anything
Post automatically merged:

I've updated the first section of the read me as follows (at least I've done so in my mirror):
Creating a "blank" nand:
Select File -> New Nand ( ctrl + N )
select the destination for the new file in the "destination" field ! Make sure you have 528MiB of free space!
If you have an existing nand.bin from the Wii, you can select it by clicking the big "Existing Nand" button. This will fill in the rest of the necessary information. In the top left bar (to the left of the "v") enter 4.2U or whatever System Menu Version and Region you would like to build. Then press "Get it!"
If you dont have an existing dump to read from, you can enter the path of "keys.bin", the first 8 blocks of nand (including spare data), and the bad blocks using the rest of the dialog window. Bad blocks may be entered manually, or read from a plaintext file with 1 number (dec) on each line.
When it begins to work the GUI may hang a bit as it writes the full 528MiB file to your PC.

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: r1vver

paytondev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your help, but unfortunately after restoring the nand, the installer is still giving the same error. Also, HackMii Solutions in ModMii doesn't help.

Last edited by paytondev,

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
U could mod another wii then use punetwiin to clone that nand for this wii, but I'm surprised ohneschwanzenegger isn't working

Also don't forget about that hbc channel can come in wad form, fix94's ohbc or devnol's hbc on github

And to access bootmii you should be able to use Casper, for help setting it up run Casper2Bootmii.bat from Modmii's support folder. Then u just launch an exploit, or launch Casper from the hbc, and it will enter bootmii even if u never installed it

Reactions: impeeza

paytondev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U could mod another wii then use punetwiin to clone that nand for this wii, but I'm surprised ohneschwanzenegger isn't working

Also don't forget about that hbc channel can come in wad form, fix94's ohbc or devnol's hbc on github

And to access bootmii you should be able to use Casper, for help setting it up run Casper2Bootmii.bat from Modmii's support folder. Then u just launch an exploit, or launch Casper from the hbc, and it will enter bootmii even if u never installed it
Is there any chance I'm using ohneschwanzenegger wrong? Although, I used it to downgrade to a lower system menu and updated back to 4.3, but the issue persisted. I don't have access to another Wii or HBC.

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I've updated the first section of the read me as follows (at least I've done so in my mirror):
Creating a "blank" nand:
Select File -> New Nand ( ctrl + N )
then probably also need to change 'Select File' to 'Nand Dump'.

Attachments

• OSFNN.png
    OSFNN.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: XFlak

LordJasz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have the same issue with my wii, i've done everything suggested by XFlak.
Restored a new nand from Ohneschwanzenegger, did everything right. Wii Boots up as factory, but can't use any iOS as vulnerable to install anything.

LordJasz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, i tried everything possible on ModMii.
I'll try to use punetwiin tomorrow and I'll tell what i get from it.

You could also trying cloning an already modded wii's nand.bin for this wii using punetwiin. It's a bit extreme, but could work
Oh my loving God!
Thank you so much my man.
It worked so perfectly.
I was about to threw a bunch of Wiis on the trash haha.
eb572e56-7e82-43f8-a3ce-d5c8ecb78d61.jpg

Last edited by LordJasz,
Reactions: XFlak

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Yeah, i tried everything possible on ModMii.
I'll try to use punetwiin tomorrow and I'll tell what i get from it.

Oh my loving God!
Thank you so much my man.
It worked so perfectly.
I was about to threw a bunch of Wiis on the trash haha.
View attachment 357684
With your posts being merged I missed your success report! Happy to hear it!

Btw, in the future you can use the new ModMii 7.0.0 to help you use Punetwiin to clone a nand.bin from 1 wii to another. Lots of cool stuff in the latest ModMii update, check it out!

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself