How to create an emunand after following newest Plailect guide?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by DanielC, Aug 27, 2016.

1. DanielC
    OP

DanielC Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2007
    United States
    I followed the latest guide and installed a9lh on my friends console, but it doesn't seem to have installed any tools for creating an emunand like it did with mine when I used an older guide. We're both a bit weary of running a9lh off sysnand just in case it is patched in a future update, and would prefer to run off emunand. What do I need to install to get this finished installation of a9lh running off emunand?

Thanks in advance.

2. astronautlevel

astronautlevel Trying to Find My Way

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    It's 100% safe to run a9lh sysnand; I was weary of it too, but after talking with a lot of the more trusted developers in the scene I changed my mind.

That being said, in order to make an emunand you want to download emunand9 and run it through a9lh as a luma payload. Copy the EmuNAND9.bin to /luma/payloads and then rename it to down_emunand9.bin, and hold down when booting.

GilgameshArcher and VinsCool like this.
  3. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    EmuNAND made with A9LH installed SysNAND will freeze when launching.
    Because it doesn't wipe out A9LH on EmuNAND after cloning A9LH installed SysNAND to EmuNAND.
    So either inject a NAND backup before installing A9LH to EmuNAND, or uninstall A9LH -> create EmuNAND -> reinstall A9LH.

4. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    I'm wanting to create an emunand too

5. AnalogMan

AnalogMan sumoCheatMenu Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    WARNING: Setting up an emuNAND will erase your SD card. Be sure to back it up first.

1. Download [GodMode9](https://github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/releases).
    2. Extract it to your SD:\luma\payloads\ folder.
    3. Name it something like X_GodMode9.bin
    4. Hold X while booting 3DS to enter GodMode9.
    5. Press the Home button and select "SD format menu".
    6. Select O3DS or N3DS NAND size depending on which you have.
    7. Select Auto or 32KB for cluster size (64KB may cause issues with GBA games)
    8. Input the sequence to format the SD card.
    9. When it asks if you'd like to clone your sysNAND, accept.
    10. After it's done, copy all your SD card files back to your SD card.
    11. Your sysNAND and emuNAND are currently linked (meaning they share the same files, NNID, and settings), this is not recommended.
    12. Depending on what you plan to use the emuNAND for you should run the homebrew [TinyFormat](https://github.com/javimadgit/TinyFormat/releases) on either your sysNAND or your emuNAND, which ever will NOT be your main used one.
    13. Boot the 3DS while holding SELECT to enter Luma3DS settings and set it up to either boot sysNAND automatically or not depending which you'll be using more often.

6. henrytlh

henrytlh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2009
    Malaysia
    Didn't have an issue with Gateway with A9LH sysNAND+EmuNAND created after a9lh install

7. annson24

annson24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 5, 2016
    There is actually a bug on the latest release of godmode9 preventing us to setup an emunand. This commit fixed it. https://transfer.sh/fSP8N/godmode9-20170116-145449.zip

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk