OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi,
need your help me on this
bought a wiiu console yesterday,but the system oredi is 5.5.2.
so the question is how to check whether previous owner hacked or not, as he didnt provide any ext harddisk. If i follow the guide from begin of https://wiiu.guide. Will its brick since the device not sure hacked before or not
doing second time hacking will brick the console?
thanks

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,
so the question is how to check whether previous owner hacked or not, as he didnt provide any ext harddisk. If i follow the guide from begin of https://wiiu.guide. Will its brick since the device not sure hacked before or not
thanks
First, don't use that guide. If you want to stay safe, you should use Kafluke's guide instead.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-noob-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.451297/

It should be obvious if Haxchi or CBHC are installed. Check every page of your home menu for tell-tale channels. It could be hidden on the last page. Anyway, it shouldn't make a difference. Just read Kafluke's guide and proceed.

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you wipe your Wii U does Haxchi and CHBC get deleted or not?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi,
thanks
But I think if he didn't say it was hacked it probably wasn't. He might've just updated it to latest firmware like most people do before they sell their devices.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you wipe your Wii U does Haxchi and CHBC get deleted or not?
If you have CBHC installed and you format your Wii U, the Wii U will brick. If it has Haxchi installed, it will be deleted during a format.

@flower99 When you got the Wii U, did it have you set it up as if it were new? If so, then it was formatted before you got it, and it doesn't have Haxchi nor CBHC installed on it.

Reactions: Qeality

flower99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Its come with few demo game inside and contain progressive game save when I inject a game that the owner gave,its show some progressive. Owner claim tat he just hacked wii part oni and have got alots of wii game and under 5.5.1.
Received the console, the system already in 5.5.2 and didnt have any wii game oso. Btw anyway to detech cbhb or haxchi installed before

flower99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Just noticed inside the sd slot having a 16gb sd card inserted. Plug inside pc showing as unallocated,ask to format it. Isiz contain any wii modding file or... Tat pc cant recognized

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if u formatted it without backing it up with sdio, you're out of luck. u can redo redNAND, and it will have all the tickets from your real NAND attached to it.

flower99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
if u formatted it without backing it up with sdio, you're out of luck. u can redo redNAND, and it will have all the tickets from your real NAND attached to it.
How about I jump to haxchi hacking, will it mess up just ignore the rednand

It it had CBHC installed you would see the text "Autobooting..." or a menu on boot
Mean once press on button on console, the autobooting ... Message from gamepad or tv?

flower99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
redNAND is unneeded. the autobooting message will display on both.
No message comeout will snap video to9 for you to see

Btw, as im remember the first time I turn on the gamepad oni , there have fews game like mass effect 3... Now im turn on the console, some of the games on gamepad dissappear, if tat mean seller didint provide harddisk that contain game or have been modded before

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No message comeout will snap video to9 for you to see

Btw, as im remember the first time I turn on the gamepad oni , there have fews game like mass effect 3... Now im turn on the console, some of the games on gamepad dissappear, if tat mean seller didint provide harddisk that contain game or have been modded before
That's nothing. The Wii U just remembers the last couple games played. The seller probably owned the games but didn't sell those to you. If you try to open it, it'll just tell you to put in the disk.

flower99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
That's nothing. The Wii U just remembers the last couple games played. The seller probably owned the games but didn't sell those to you. If you try to open it, it'll just tell you to put in the disk.
Now the mess effect 3 game icon disappear.

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now the mess effect 3 game icon disappear.
Yes because it hasn't been played recently.

Yes because it hasn't been played recently.
So it just goes away.

If I delete a game from my Wii U it will still appear in the Quick Start Menu until I play more games to replace the spot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: